Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Tune Question

cfoppbl

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I am having the Ford Performance tune M-9603-EX30 installed in my 2023 ST. The Ford dealer said that you should disable automatic software updates in SYNC after the tune is installed as it could cause problems. You should revert back to the stock tune before you do any software updates to the vehicle. Does anyone have any experience leaving automatic updates on after installing the Ford tune?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Dealers are stupid. The Sync system has nothing to do with the engine tune.

OP
C

cfoppbl

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks, so you can do software updates as you normally would. Regarding FORScan, I assume any changes made would remain as is? The tune has no impact on changes made with FORScan?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks, so you can do software updates as you normally would. Regarding FORScan, I assume any changes made would remain as is? The tune has no impact on changes made with FORScan?
Correct

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
I am having the Ford Performance tune M-9603-EX30 installed in my 2023 ST. The Ford dealer said that you should disable automatic software updates in SYNC after the tune is installed as it could cause problems. You should revert back to the stock tune before you do any software updates to the vehicle. Does anyone have any experience leaving automatic updates on after installing the Ford tune?
Not sure but aftte reading tons of threads regarding the Ford Performance Tune the dealer might have been talking about updates to the ProCal 4. It seems updates have been an issue lately and those that have returned to stock prior to updating the ProCal have limited issues. Just a thought on your question..... also I know its an oldish thread...

Explorer ST Posts