Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance Racing School

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We just booked for Asheville on Oct 1 - 2. We were booked for March before the world came to an end and figured it's time to try again.

Reactions
We went this past Tuesday. Was A LOT of fun. I really learned a lot about how it can handle and other features it has that I didn't know it did. Driving along the Blue Ridge parkway was fun too. We got to do an off road adventure on the back side of the Biltmore Estate too... that was neat, but not very "off roady". TONS of fun. Highly reccomend going.

KegsBdry

Reactions
We went this past Tuesday. Was A LOT of fun. I really learned a lot about how it can handle and other features it has that I didn't know it did. Driving along the Blue Ridge parkway was fun too. We got to do an off road adventure on the back side of the Biltmore Estate too... that was neat, but not very "off roady". TONS of fun. Highly reccomend going.
We just got back TODAY from the Biltmore Estate. The driving as fast as you want through their course was the best part. I tried to flip the Explorer but it just kept it’s grip on the road. It was very surprising. I was able to get around their course in 29.5 secs but I hit a cone (+2 secs). Highly recommend NOT going with someone. Though both parties will get an equal amount of turns (about 3 each) but you get twice as many turns if you go at it alone (6 times around the course). I brought the wife & kid, they stayed at the hotel. Plenty for them to do there.

You’re right, the ‘off road’ wasn’t very ‘off road’ but I did finally get the chance to learn the ‘down hill decent’ button without having to look back at the manual. Great times!

Attachments

Reactions
I’m going August 18th in ashville I can’t wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTP

Reactions
Wife and I attended last Tuesday, Aug 4th in Asheville. It was terrific. My favorite event was the Panic Lane Change. I went into the chicance above 40mph on my first run, did not hit any cones, and stopped before crashing into the obstruction. Instructor said Good job, but back off a little next time. (I didn't realize I was going so fast!)

I used a spare suction-cup dashcam for the entire day.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Wife and I attended last Tuesday, Aug 4th in Asheville. It was terrific. My favorite event was the Panic Lane Change. I went into the chicance above 40mph on my first run, did not hit any cones, and stopped before crashing into the obstruction. Instructor said Good job, but back off a little next time. (I didn't realize I was going so fast!)

I used a spare suction-cup dashcam for the entire day.
Got a video of that 40mph panic lane change move? That's double the speed they suggested. Wow!

GTP

Reactions
Here it is. I edited it down from the original 3-minute segment. Vicki wanted me to edit out her colorful reaction, but I didn't know how to selectively mute audio.

Panic lane change