Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Per my dealer today, no aviators shipped yet, but cameras are being deployed to the factory in mass quantities with smaller allotments to dealerships for recall repairs.
He said the fixes at the factory may not happen in the order that initial purchases were made because it may be logistically easier to just so cars closest to the factory first.
he did confirm that customer orders are prioritized over dealer orders (someone else also said this).
He thinks 1-2 months atleast to clear those cars built and waiting in Chicago.
Good info. I was thinking they’d repair them by build date order… but what your dealer says makes a lot of sense too. Maybe they’ll just repair what’s closest to the line first. Would be quickest, probably.

macmalcolm

U.S. Navy Veteran
Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hello, I just joined the Forum. I have been watching this Thread for quite a while and have learned a lot from all of you about the 2023 Stop Sale for the 360 degree camera. We ordered a 2023 ST on 3/21/23. We were given a 5/3/23 build date and the Tracker still shows that as the “In Production” date. Also, the “Last Updated” date” has been stuck on the same 5/3/23 date ever since. However, I am encouraged that there appears to be some movement for some folks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Just to share what I’ve been doing this last week or so -

I’m looking at local dealer inventory. If a car says “on the lot”, I check the window sticker for the blend/build date. If it’s pre-August-ish, I check for the NHTSA Recall status. If it is still recalled, I ignore this vehicle assuming it can’t be sold… it is most likely one that’s been sitting on the lot waiting for the camera fix this whole time. But if there is NO recall on it, then I assume it is a newly built / newly shipped car that has potentially been repaired with the new camera and can potentially be sold. If the blend/build date is August-ish or after, then (at this moment and time) it most likely is a 360 delete optioned car and that means it can potentially be sold as well.

If a car says “in transit” I ignore it, unless I really want to dig deeper in which case I’ll get the order number and VIN from the window sticker and search Ford’s vehicle tracker website to see if it’s built and/or shipped out yet, then I’ll confirm with a recall check.

Sorry for all the posts. I think I need to cool it lol

Last edited:

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
My ST had a May 3rd "In Production" date. It went to Built on 9/6 and then Shipped on 9/8. Has the Last updated date changed on the tracker for yours?
No change states in production since 5/5/23 no changes

waiting

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
No change states in production since 5/5/23 no changes
I think you will have an update soon. I was looking at inventory in IL and saw a special order with a 5/1/23 blend date that appears to be delivered with the backup/360 cam.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Just to share what I’ve been doing this last week or so -

I’m looking at local dealer inventory. If a car says “on the lot”, I check the window sticker for the blend/build date. If it’s pre-August-ish, I check for the NHTSA Recall status. If it is still recalled, I ignore this vehicle assuming it can’t be sold… it is most likely one that’s been sitting on the lot waiting for the camera fix this whole time. But if there is NO recall on it, then I assume it is a newly built / newly shipped car that has potentially been repaired with the new camera and can potentially be sold. If the blend/build date is August-ish or after, then (at this moment and time) it most likely is a 360 delete optioned car and that means it can potentially be sold as well.

If a car says “in transit” I ignore it, unless I really want to dig deeper in which case I’ll get the order number and VIN from the window sticker and search Ford’s vehicle tracker website to see if it’s built and/or shipped out yet, then I’ll confirm with a recall check.

Sorry for all the posts. I think I need to cool it lol
this is my window sticker for the ST sitting on my dealer lot. Mine still shows the recall but to be honest I’m not sure what I’m looking for based on your post. If I can get the same specs as this one then I’ll jump ship and explore the ones that don’t have the camera issue.

Attachments

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
this is my window sticker for the ST sitting on my dealer lot. Mine still shows the recall but to be honest I’m not sure what I’m looking for based on your post. If I can get the same specs as this one then I’ll jump ship and explore the ones that don’t have the camera issue.
Your build date... based upon our discussions I would assume it will NOT be getting a camera delete and you will just be waiting for the dealer to get the cameras to repair it.

1694481874523.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I agree with AOSRYJP, yours will be getting the camera fixed, not deleted.I think the build date is up at the top where it says "blend." So for you, 120230404. Ignore the "1"... April 4th, 2023. The date at the bottom (I believe) is the internal order date for Ford.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
I agree with AOSRYJP, yours will be getting the camera fixed, not deleted.I think the build date is up at the top where it says "blend." So for you, 120230404. Ignore the "1"... April 4th, 2023. The date at the bottom (I believe) is the internal order date for Ford.
Thanks for the clarity, Midlife. I had always gone by the other one.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Brand new '23 that was JUST produced.
They DO exist :eek:

Fantastic news!! Congrats! Also glad the dealer decided to be decent on pricing (y)

Have you checked whether they gave you the 3 bolt or the 4 bolt rear end?
20230912_113046.jpg

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Maybe it’s the photo angle, but it looks like the diff is sitting lower than usual. Is there something different?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Dealer just texted me. They just received this on the lot from the factory order the someone else isn’t taking. No recall. There is hope!!! Working on numbers right now. Might finally drive home with it

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
Aviator
My dealer just called me and they got 3 customer orders today (Southfield, MI). They are currently all spoken for, but a good sign that things are moving.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Brand new '23 that was JUST produced.

View attachment 19548
Thanks for the pic. I have heard you may be able to file an official "misbuild" claim of some kind? I still need to look into it but if mine only has the 3 bolt subframe, you can bet I'll be pursuing that as soon as the ink is dry on my paperwork. There's a recall and like 3 class action lawsuits over this. Ford knows the 3.0 Explorers need the 4 bolt design... but they are still choosing to put the inferior 2.3 design on the ST's. Shameful. Keep us posted if you throw the Steeda brace on there or pursue it through your dealership.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/rear-end-damage.2602/

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Darnell at Planet Ford in Dallas called me today. They have some on the lot they can sell. Just an FYI.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
I know this isn't the right thread for this so I won't post about this on this thread again. But, got the ST Friday night, right? Selling my '16 so I had the ST parked in front of my moms house today. Came out to this. 20230912_181712.jpg 20230912_181727.jpg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I know this isn't the right thread for this so I won't post about this on this thread again. But, got the ST Friday night, right? Selling my '16 so I had the ST parked in front of my moms house today. Came out to this. View attachment 19557 View attachment 19558
Sorry to see this. Hope law enforcement can find out who struck your ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I know this isn't the right thread for this so I won't post about this on this thread again. But, got the ST Friday night, right? Selling my '16 so I had the ST parked in front of my moms house today. Came out to this. View attachment 19557 View attachment 19558
That’s a punch in the gut… what the heck happened

Explorer ST Posts