Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Keep us in the loop!

I get the feeling that they are just not doing the 360 camera fix anymore at this stage and are just shipping em out asap with no 360.

Latest update:

My dealer called me and told me they moved my eta UP one month. Originally had moved from 5/29 to 7/22 to mid-end September.
Just found out new eta is 8/18-8/24 !!!
Not holding my breath...but MAYBE they're making some headway??? Fingers and toes crossed.

Also, my car has been built since May, but been sitting in storage at the Chicago plant, probably at that same Speedway.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
So now I wonder what camera is installed now to lift the STOP SHIP because it's illegal to sell a new vehicle in Canada/USA without a rear view camera as of a few years ago.

What's really odd is that camera is made by one of Ford's Tier 1 suppliers who also make the same camera for other OEM's. Why don't other OEMs have this issue?.....Has to be Ford software integration issues.

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Keep us in the loop!

I get the feeling that they are just not doing the 360 camera fix anymore at this stage and are just shipping em out asap with no 360.
Ah makes sense, I think most of us would be totally fine with that at this point.
Maybe as long as they this get is "passed" by the NHTSA?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
So now I wonder what camera is installed now to lift the STOP SHIP because it's illegal to sell a new vehicle in Canada/USA without a rear view camera as of a few years ago.

What's really odd is that camera is made by one of Ford's Tier 1 suppliers who also make the same camera for other OEM's. Why don't other OEMs have this issue?.....Has to be Ford software integration issues.
Honda is having the same issue, they are replacing the camera and wiring harness if I remember correctly.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Ah makes sense, I think most of us would be totally fine with that at this point.
Maybe as long as they this get is "passed" by the NHTSA?
Personally I would be happier if our premium optioned suvs stopped losing premium features, but this is a quick way to dispose of the 21k undelivered cars that are loitering in Chicago and causing losses… just delete the feature in the name of supply chain and most people will be none the wiser.

As far as stop sale violation is concerned, legally it is an NHTSA order stateside. On the Canadian side, you cannot sell without a backup camera, but they do technically come with it installed, and at the end of the day they do work. Most of the time on most cars since 2020... salespeople are salespeople and naturally some will find ways to sneak cars out. At the end of the day if I took delivery and there were an issue, if I needed feature then I would shut the car off and reset then try again. To each their own.

I recall someone mentioning that their car was getting parts this week and then their vehicle would be delivered - I wonder if that came to fruition?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Update-

we were informed by our dealership that the replacement parts needed to “fix” the issue will be in next week.

From what I was told, the wiring harness, module, and rear camera will be replaced on our vehicle. After that, we will be able to pick up the vehicle. I asked about the software update and they said it will be applied long with the replacement parts.

not fully believing it until I see it but they are writing us a check to cover the next 3 months of payments along with our vehicle so fingers crossed.
Any luck?

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Anyone know how the fix rollout is going?

kbatto

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Waiting to hear from the dealer. They advised us the Explorer would be ready on August 7th to be released. We will see. Maybe I should have verified the year, 2023 or 2024?

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I am waiting on a 2022 to be fixed.

mrsslowwww

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer
I’m currently waiting on a 22 to be fixed & released of the stop sale…hopefully soon

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Timberline
Waiting to hear from the dealer. They advised us the Explorer would be ready on August 7th to be released. We will see. Maybe I should have verified the year, 2023 or 2024?
I hope you out doing donuts because your dealer gave you your ST ❤️
I am waiting on a 2022 to be fixed.
no luck, they just told me that the interim fix WILL NOT apply to my 2023 Timberline sitting on the lot. They said there would need to be a permanent fix in order to lift the stop-sale . I’m a grown ___ woman & I was as close to crying as telling a toddler no in the toy isle as I have ever been

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
I’m getting real discouraged about the lack of quality at ford. If I don’t get an amazing discount on my ST ordered in March I’m really thinking of canceling my order and get on the list for the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Timberline
I’m getting real discouraged about the lack of quality at ford. If I don’t get an amazing discount on my ST ordered in March I’m really thinking of canceling my order and get on the list for the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
I am discouraged too and I only started this foolery two weeks ago, I can only imagine since March

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
No luck, now our parts are pushed back until the 11th.

We did get to drive it a little bit. So, small victories I guess.

They did cut us a check to pay for 4 months of payments as well.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Timberline

11th of August? Oh wow, that’s awesome on the payments. Keep us posted, we are all in this together!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Timberline

Do you mind us asking, what parts are they sending for your car?

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Great news! Our vehicle is in its final service and we will be picking it up today or tomorrow morning depending on how quickly it goes through detail!

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Do you mind us asking, what parts are they sending for your car?
They had to get the backup camera module, wiring harness, and the camera itself

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Timberline
Great news! Our vehicle is in its final service and we will be picking it up today or tomorrow morning depending on how quickly it goes through detail!
I"M SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you :) can you share with us what they did to push the release? If you dont mind