Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
So my King Ranch 2023 Explorer still shows in production 7-19 on my end, and it was supposed to be delivered to dealer (per dealer) between 8-24-8-30, and here we are today at 8-31. No surprise there. Emailed dealer asking for transparency and even clipped a link to the stop sale info asking if that was holding up the order. Said I needed to know because I have to make transportation plans week to week, and I'd rather know in advance for planning purposes.

He emailed back: "We just give you the information as we get it: looks like they pushed it back to August 29th-September 4th timeframe." Never once have they acknowledged any issues with stop sale.

So frustrating, seriously doubt a 9-4 arrival at dealer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks for your support folks... this is the deadlocked explorer support group now!

With regards to all of the comments about 2024, which is just 4 months away, it is even funnier in a morbid kind of way with the new design just around the corner.. I wonder if they will make the unsold and unshipped 2023 inventory known as the "Classic" series. Kind of like Jeep did with the WK2 Grand Cherokee, Volvo with the 240, and Nissan with the Sentra. I may have missed a few but those come to mind first...

... or they could go on Amazon, order 21,000 of these badges and make it a special fringe minority edition for an extra $2500 https://www.amazon.ca/Personalized-Minority-Classic-Motorcycle-Notebook/dp/B09Y8QXTGM/ref=sr_1_30?crid=3OICYH9YDSYDM&keywords=edition+badge&qid=1693453590&sprefix=edition+badge,aps,87&sr=8-30&th=1
I love it! I would pay $2,500 extra for that badge AND to have my car today :LOL::ROFLMAO::cry:

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So my King Ranch 2023 Explorer still shows in production 7-19 on my end, and it was supposed to be delivered to dealer (per dealer) between 8-24-8-30, and here we are today at 8-31. No surprise there. Emailed dealer asking for transparency and even clipped a link to the stop sale info asking if that was holding up the order. Said I needed to know because I have to make transportation plans week to week, and I'd rather know in advance for planning purposes.

He emailed back: "We just give you the information as we get it: looks like they pushed it back to August 29th-September 4th timeframe." Never once have they acknowledged any issues with stop sale.

So frustrating, seriously doubt a 9-4 arrival at dealer.
Right there with you. 7/24 "in production" status and dealer delivery date of 8/27-9/02... should I even wait until 9/2 or can I just assume that's bogus already ;)

So frustrating that your dealer basically dodges the question, but they also may not be able to definitively say WHY our vehicles are being held up. As much as WE have deduced it's due to the 360 camera fiasco, I doubt Ford is being specific with explanations to dealerships. Just "updating" the delivery date internally every time the time window comes and goes. But still... would be nice if a dealership would "make some calls" and really find out what's happening.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Idk. You’d think they’d have some suspicion with not being able to sell the ones they have on the lot, and also I’m sure their service departments are getting some sort of updates. I mean the first recall didn’t solve the issue. Seems they can’t be that dumb and in the dark. I believe they might not know when, but I’m betting they certainly know why Ford isn’t shipping.

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Idk. You’d think they’d have some suspicion with not being able to sell the ones they have on the lot, and also I’m sure their service departments are getting some sort of updates. I mean the first recall didn’t solve the issue. Seems they can’t be that dumb and in the dark. I believe they might not know when, but I’m betting they certainly know why Ford isn’t shipping.
I think they are waiting for the strike. Then they can drive up prices again. And still get rid of a lot of those '23s since no '24s will be being built. Charge top dollar because of short supply.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
I think they are waiting for the strike. Then they can drive up prices again. And still get rid of a lot of those '23s since no '24s will be being built. Charge top dollar because of short supply.
Sadly you are spot on correct!

waiting

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
From Ford SEC filing today: "Ford Motor Company is announcing field service actions to replace the rearview camera and update software in certain model year 2020-2023 Explorer and Aviator vehicles, 2020-2022 Corsair vehicles, 2022-2023 Transit vans, 2018-2021 Navigator vehicles, and 2021 Bronco vehicles. The aggregate cost of the actions is estimated to be about $270 million."

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
From Ford SEC filing today: "Ford Motor Company is announcing field service actions to replace the rearview camera and update software in certain model year 2020-2023 Explorer and Aviator vehicles, 2020-2022 Corsair vehicles, 2022-2023 Transit vans, 2018-2021 Navigator vehicles, and 2021 Bronco vehicles. The aggregate cost of the actions is estimated to be about $270 million."
Still no solid date other then what has been previously posted in the forum. At least there is some activity.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Can't take it. Tired of waiting so started looking at other vehicles more closely.
Wagoneer Series III - too damn expensive
Grand Cherokee Summit - ok, but not really a fan (should be Overland)
Kia Telluride - asking for a 5K market adjustment (makes it the same as my deal for the ST)
Genesis GV90 - not out yet
Just not a lot of 3 row suvs that I like in the price range. But I'm about on my last leg waiting for Ford. Want to stay under $75K OTD, but these damn manufacturers are making it hard.
What about GV70 or GV80 (3 rows)?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I love it! I would pay $2,500 extra for that badge AND to have my car today :LOL::ROFLMAO::cry:
I'll tell you what, I am going to apply for a job at Ford corporate and if I have any say in this, your upgrade will be on the house!

But in other news, I think that I will be looking at the Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve, after refreshing my order and seeing this... anyone else seeing cancelled built orders now?

explorergrab.PNG

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
https://fordauthority.com/2023/09/ford-says-it-will-take-270-million-to-fix-camera-issues/

https://fordauthority.com/2023/09/ford-recalls-170k-vehicles-over-rear-view-camera-issue/

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I'll tell you what, I am going to apply for a job at Ford corporate and if I have any say in this, your upgrade will be on the house!

But in other news, I think that I will be looking at the Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve, after refreshing my order and seeing this... anyone else seeing cancelled built orders now?

View attachment 19347
lmao :ROFLMAO:

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer

View attachment 19347
LMFAO!

Thetantalo

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST Line

View attachment 19347
Did you find out about the In Compactor status by the dealership or were you just tracking it and saw it as a surprise

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Did you find out about the In Compactor status by the dealership or were you just tracking it and saw it as a surprise
I am going to say surprise, and that I am asking for a small metal cube of my car to be shipped to my dealership!

Thetantalo

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST Line
I am going to say surprise, and that I am asking for a small metal cube of my car to be shipped to my dealership!
No kidding!
May I ask where abouts in Ontario you purchased the soon to be cube? I’m in Ontario as well.

Reactions
And everyone (bean counters) applauded the value engineering that went into the 2020 Explorer which I bet got completely blown out the window...... They will never learn ever......

Also for those wondering who was responsible for the stop sale, they weren't busy chasing amberlamps that day and had to do something to earn their retainer......

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
No kidding!
May I ask where abouts in Ontario you purchased the soon to be cube? I’m in Ontario as well.
Will shoot you a PM!

Jmm143

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer
Well guys, after months of waiting, my dealer came through. They found another explorer for me, same thing that I bought but without the 360 camera. Dealerships are getting new explorers in that have the 360 deleted. They drove to another dealership to pick it up and brought it back for me! Thank goodness this is all over.
I hope everyone else can have a happy ending soon!!!
Here is my new 2023 Limited

Attachments