Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

First road trip in the ST to Asheville for the st experience!

Cfreeze15

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
I'd recommend anyone go, it was definitely a great time, and I almost got to bring home "the prize of unspeakable value!!"

Attachments

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. We also had a great time at Ashville back in 2020.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Welcome! We had a great time also.

Reactions
I'd recommend anyone go, it was definitely a great time, and I almost got to bring home "the prize of unspeakable value!!"
Glad to see they're still doing that. Like Blue Beast we had a blast in 2020. "Drive it like you stole it"....in someone else's car!! Fun times.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I went in April of 22, also to Asheville. They actually told us, it's their tires and their brakes, so drive it like you stole it. I actually got the prize of unspeakable value, I was the only one to run the course in less than 30 seconds.

20220408_131726.jpg

OP
Cfreeze15

Cfreeze15

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Thread Starter #6
Glad to see they're still doing that. Like Blue Beast we had a blast in 2020. "Drive it like you stole it"....in someone else's car!! Fun times.
I was a little hesitant at first, but coming down the back side of the parkway, actually getting the car to do what it wanted and could do, it was a lot better.... if it wasn't for the 8 cones on my run that counted‍ =( I would have been in 2nd place by like .045

Last edited:
OP
Cfreeze15

Cfreeze15

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Thread Starter #7
I went in April of 22, also to Asheville. They actually told us, it's their tires and their brakes, so drive it like you stole it. I actually got the prize of unspeakable value, I was the only one to run the course in less than 30 seconds.

View attachment 22411
It was definitely a close race.... (our group did end up winning!)

Attachments

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Here's my timesheet
20220406_135512.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I didn’t take a picture of my timesheet, but I got 27.3 on my very last lap but they didn’t count it because they said “we don’t count the last lap because it will always be your fastest one” which was the dumbest excuse I heard. I was surprised cause they had to know the car was extremely heat soaked but oh well it was fun and The coaches were all very nice.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Proud “Cone” winner from my trip to Park City last year! Ready to upgrade to a ‘25 so I can go to Asheville next time!

IMG_7267.jpeg

OP
Cfreeze15

Cfreeze15

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Thread Starter #11
Proud “Cone” winner from my trip to Park City last year! Ready to upgrade to a ‘25 so I can go to Asheville next time!

View attachment 22416
where did you get the mini helmet!? And the "prize of unspeakable value" looks amazing!

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I just upgraded from my 21 to a leftover 23 and the wife picked up a 24 EDGE ST so we are thinking about making the trek out to Park City later this summer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
where did you get the mini helmet!? And the "prize of unspeakable value" looks amazing!
A customer randomly gave it to me years ago and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since. It's an Ernie Irvan replica.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just upgraded from my 21 to a leftover 23 and the wife picked up a 24 EDGE ST so we are thinking about making the trek out to Park City later this summer.
I had a great time in Park City and would have no problem going there again. The Olympic shooting was by far the best part of the whole experience. But if I have the time I would definitely want to go to Asheville b/c it looks amazing out there too.

OP
Cfreeze15

Cfreeze15

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Thread Starter #15
When my lease is up in 3 years I already told the wife were going to utah

OP
Cfreeze15

Cfreeze15

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Thread Starter #16
A customer randomly gave it to me years ago and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since. It's an Ernie Irvan replica.
It fits very nice with the "prize of unspeakable value"

OP
Cfreeze15

Cfreeze15

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Thread Starter #17
I had a great time in Park City and would have no problem going there again. The Olympic shooting was by far the best part of the whole experience. But if I have the time I would definitely want to go to Asheville b/c it looks amazing out there too.
Asheville is absolutely amazing, if you have the chance I'd go in the fall.... it would only look that much better! I need to get the video of the road keeper camera uploaded

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Already been there with my 21

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Asheville was a lot of fun, my wife and I enjoyed it. I almost took home the cone, but, touched two cones (really.. kissed). I ran a 28.3.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Man I am sad I missed it. Do they do it every year? if so how do I make the list?