Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

First Brake Replacement

jimzim66

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Good morning all,

First time Explorer ST (2021, Street Pack) owner here, and coming up on my first brake pad/rotor replacement.

Really can't complain, I got good mileage out of my OEM pads and rotors, so I plan to go with Motorcraft again. I am confused on the exact model numbers I need, as there's multiple for each component, none which flat out list my application.

Rotors:
L1MZ-1125-B (Front, w/ Performance Brakes, w/ High Series Brakes)
L1MZ-1125-C (Front, w/ Premium Turbo Brakes)

L1MZ-2C02-6A (Rear, w/ Performance Brakes, w/ High Series Brakes)
L1MZ-2C02-6C (Rear, w/ Premium Turbo Brakes)

Pads:
L1MZ-2001-F (Front, w/ Performance Brakes, w/ High Series Brakes)
L1MZ-2001-G (Front, w/ Premium Turbo Brakes)

L1MZ-2200-J (Rear, w/ Performance Brakes, w/ High Series Brakes)

Thoughts/opinions/and flat out help is appreciated!

Manuich1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I believe our size 363mm for the fronts. See if you can look it up by size.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I bought pads -F and -J but don't quote me because I haven't installed them yet. Waiting for them to wear out. I like the stock setup too--best set of stock brakes I've ever had! Will likely get stock rotors too but haven't decided. You might want to check out Rockauto--sometimes they have more description like "w/ red caliper". As Manuich1 mentioned, front rotors are 363mm. Rears are 350mm. Both of those are larger than stock STs.