Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

fenfab intake

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
You’re about to find out how Lethal really works I’d bet. lol
Brett builds a lot of stuff to order but Lethal will show it in stock anyway.[/QUOT
With this being said, what is the actual difference between the V1 and V2 intakes? About a $400 price difference.
I will know for sure when it arrives - I contacted fen fab and they stated this was an addition to the V1 and also works with S&b /afe cai, basically going from 1 filter to 2 filters - small power gain

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
I will know for sure when it arrives - I contacted fen fab and they stated this was an addition to the V1 and also works with S&b /afe cai, basically going from 1 filter to 2 filters - small power gain
Mine took 5 weeks to arrive direct from fenfab. Now I need to figure out how to install it since it doesn't have any instructions and there are no videos online.
lol ! What are you running for cai now? Stock?

Reactions
lol ! What are you running for cai now? Stock?
I'm on the stock intake with a dry flow drop in currently. Also looks like I'm missing a t-fitting in the shipment. Hard to tell though since there are no directions.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You’re talking about the hot side piping…not the intake piping.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
You’re talking about the hot side piping…not the intake piping.
So the V2 replaces the v1? Or it adds on? I have entire fenfab set up minus the v2 - I’m just confused is all lol..

Or are you saying the s&b / afe work with charge pipes not the v2?
Long story short - I’m leaving the V1 and adding the v2 is my understanding

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
So the V2 replaces the v1? Or it adds on? I have entire fenfab set up minus the v2 - I’m just confused is all lol..

Basically just adding more red piping under the hood?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Post up a part number for what you ordered.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST

The v2 intake is a standalone unit. You do not need the v1 intake in order to install the v2.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST

Attachments

Reactions
this is what I ordered, I have the v1 and charge pipe - bov
Why would you order this if you already had the v1 intake?? lol

If you have the v1 hot side piping you can't use the v2 intake with it. You would need to swap it for the v2 hot side piping.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
I’m beyond confused lol..

If you have the v1 hot side piping you can't use the v2 intake with it. You would need to swap it for the v2 hot side piping.
Well that confirms what I’ve been trying to find out, I thought it was the piping under strut tower brace near the fire wall on top of motor lol.. ‍♂️

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST

Well that confirms what I’ve been trying to find out, I thought it was the piping under strut tower brace near the fire wall on top of motor lol.. ‍♂️
I do not have that piping under the hood, just fen fab cai and charge pipe. I assume that’s custom?

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I'm on the stock intake with a dry flow drop in currently. Also looks like I'm missing a t-fitting in the shipment. Hard to tell though since there are no directions.
What fitting do you think is missing?

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Mine took 5 weeks to arrive direct from fenfab. Now I need to figure out how to install it since it doesn't have any instructions and there are no videos online.
5 weeks?!? When did you order? And was it just the intake or anything else with it?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Or is it the V2 charge pipe?
Is that cold side charge pipes from fenfab pictures

Ok so im an idiot.. please disregard everything - (blame it on the legal cannabis in the state) so ya, I got it figured out - may be selling a V2 in the coming days … ‍♂️

Reactions
Is that cold side charge pipes from fenfab pictures

Ok so im an idiot.. please disregard everything - (blame it on the legal cannabis in the state) so ya, I got it figured out - may be selling a V2 in the coming days … ‍♂️

https://fenfabrication.com/shop/exp...-st-hotside-charge-piping-fits-fenfab-intake/

This is what you need if you have a v1 FenFab Intake. You also need the Fenfab charge pipe with the BOV option if you do the hot side piping since the BOV is in the factory hot side piping if you have a 2020 or early 2021.

https://fenfabrication.com/shop/exp...2020-ford-explorer-st-turbosmart-charge-pipe/