Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

fenfab intake

Charlesbreese

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST, 23 Explorer ST His/Hers
I've read that the fenfab intake makes the turbos more audible, is this the same for the v2? I cant really find a straight answer, and the price difference on the v1 and v2 is so drastic.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Any open intake will let more engine noises through.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
How would performance be between the FenFab V2, V1 vs S&B. I would imagine that it would suck in a lot more hot air.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The engine is only gonna pull in the air it can use. 1 filter or 2 won’t change that.

DocRoberts

Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
UNBROKEN. Are you saying that it might be better to keep the stock Ford air filter setup as the engine does not need that as a "mod"? I do not care about sounds or hearing turbos, just effieint power delivery without sacrificing longevity.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
UNBROKEN. Are you saying that it might be better to keep the stock Ford air filter setup as the engine does not need that as a "mod"? I do not care about sounds or hearing turbos, just effieint power delivery without sacrificing longevity.
I look at all these things as little pieces to a larger puzzle. A bunch of small gains add up…IF you’re gonna tune the car. If not…stick to cosmetic mods.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
I just ordered the V2 yesterday - i message fenfab several weeks ago and they said its and addition to the v1... so i bought it,, i think it should be here tuesday or thursday and will know for sure.. Yes, the v1 is pretty audible

OP
C

Charlesbreese

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
21 Explorer ST, 23 Explorer ST His/Hers
Thread Starter #8
Ple
I just ordered the V2 yesterday - i message fenfab several weeks ago and they said its and addition to the v1... so i bought it,, i think it should be here tuesday or thursday and will know for sure.. Yes, the v1 is pretty audible
Please keep me posted. Thanks brother

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Where did you message him? I'm going on 4 weeks waiting on my v2 intake and charge pipe. I also tried messaging for a status update a week ago but haven't heard anything.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
i contacted fenfab through their website. I really hope it not a 4-5 week turnaround.. guess ill find out this week - tracking says thursday by 6pm.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
i contacted fenfab through their website. I really hope it not a 4-5 week turnaround.. guess ill find out this week - tracking says thursday by 6pm.
i ordered mine through lethal performance -

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Ive used them before - honestly hit and miss.if it has to drop ship ill see it sometime in April lol.. if they have it in stock should be this week,,.. not a big fan of the route protection shipping BS... Ortiz performance has free shipping and tax included in displayed price..

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
i said that backward - if it has to drop ship from distributor ill have it this week.. if lethal has it... theyll sit on my payment for a week or 2 before sending... never fails

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
i said that backward - if it has to drop ship from distributor ill have it this week.. if lethal has it... theyll sit on my payment for a week or 2 before sending... never fails
Brett builds a lot of stuff to order but Lethal will show it in stock anyway.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Brett builds a lot of stuff to order but Lethal will show it in stock anyway.
This is what I assumed. I'm not being impatient with Fenfab, it's more so me being excited to get my stuff in.

On Fenfab's site it said turnaround for the charge pipe is 1 week and the intake is 2 weeks. So that's just what has me kind of wondering where my stuff is.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
With this being said, what is the actual difference between the V1 and V2 intakes? About a $400 price difference.

Reactions
Mine took 5 weeks to arrive direct from fenfab. Now I need to figure out how to install it since it doesn't have any instructions and there are no videos online.