Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

F-150 Lightning prices Lol

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Dealer I bought both my ST's from (at sticker price) said they sold an F-150 Lightning for $20k over sticker.

Another dealer is getting $15k-$30k over sticker. I guess P.T. Barnum was right. :LOL:

Reactions
unfortunately that is the norm for most highly sought after cars right now. Supply vs. Demand compounded by impatient people that "must" have the latest and greatest. Demand is being amplified by endless printing of money and production/logistics challenges. Try getting a Porsche 911 or 718, regardless of trim, anywhere close to MSRP, not happening. I really wanted a 718 GT4...nope, hunting for a C6 Z06 now instead.

Reactions
Vehicle
N/A
Gotta pay the tax to be "first on the block." Also, dealers know that there are plenty of "influencers" and people who will write this off as a business expense who won't really care about the mark-ups, so long as they aren't astronomical. But yea, F- these people hard. It just makes buying vehicles in these times harder than it needs to. Here's to hoping the "car bubble" pops sooner than later.

That being said, remember pre-pandemic when Dodge would run their "Horsepower Deals" ... where they discounted the car for how much power the car made? That means you could get Hellcat Redeyes discounted $8k from the factory. GM ran their truck deals where their higher end trucks were marked down 18-20% from the factory. They were still making profit from these deals. Yet, suddenly, everyone is crying inflation and raising their prices.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
My dealer just sold a GT500 for $15,000 over sticker.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
I understand what you guys are saying, but I'd never pay over list price on anything just to be the "first on the block" to have it. I wasn't raised that way.

I had a stay at home mom who sewed garments for extra income, and dad often left the one car he owned in the driveway and took the bus to work to save money.

D@mn glad I was raised that way, which is why later in life I literally walked out of dealerships who wouldn't play fair (up to and including my current ST).

Thanks mom and dad! Love 'ya.:)

Reactions
unfortunately that is the norm for most highly sought after cars right now. Supply vs. Demand compounded by impatient people that "must" have the latest and greatest. Demand is being amplified by endless printing of money and production/logistics challenges. Try getting a Porsche 911 or 718, regardless of trim, anywhere close to MSRP, not happening. I really wanted a 718 GT4...nope, hunting for a C6 Z06 now instead.
Z06 for the Win (y) We had the same issue when we were looking for a Type R two years ago prior to purchasing our ST.