Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Extended Warranty Question

Reactions
I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty that expires on 12/31/23. I have called Ford to schedule some repairs along with a recall but they cannot get me in until after the warranty expires. My question is, will they honor the warranty since I called to schedule and told them the issues within the warranty period or will I be on the hook?

Reactions
They will find any way possible to not cover the items in the Extended Coverage.

Is it a Ford Extended Coverage or third party?

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Ford Extended Coverage. I called Ford directly and they told me tough s**t. Fortunately, I found a service dept that can get me in this week.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I was just looking at similar dilemma and was lucky to find place that got me in pretty quick. Half a dozen TSB's that needed to be addressed and wanted to make sure it was all in (or at least on record) before the bumper to bumper.

Glad you got it taken care of though. That would have been frustrating 'technicality'.

Reactions
Ford Extended Coverage. I called Ford directly and they told me tough s**t. Fortunately, I found a service dept that can get me in this week.
Good, get it taken care of!

Also, its not called an extended warranty, illegal to call it that. I guess not as the consumer, but regardless, fun fact for the day.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I hadn't had any good experiences with Ford as far as getting the vehicle in in a reasonable time, having a loaner available and getting easy info without them lying to me about diagnostics and wanting to overcharge on simple things. It's one of the reasons I got a 3rd party warranty that allows selection from a national network of over 6,000 authorized service centers or any licensed repair facility in the U.S. or Canada. It would be hard not to find expedient service from someone you trust as a mechanic and one who won't give you the 3rd degree on causes of failures.

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Ford service depts have been nothing short of a let down. Nothing but under qualified techs and service advisors with crazy turn over rates. I've had to bring my vehicle back immediately a few times after driving it off the lot for issues they say they "fixed." The extended coverage they provided was included at "no charge" when I purchased it used as an incentive so Ford is my only option.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Ford service depts have been nothing short of a let down. Nothing but under qualified techs and service advisors with crazy turn over rates. I've had to bring my vehicle back immediately a few times after driving it off the lot for issues they say they "fixed." The extended coverage they provided was included at "no charge" when I purchased it used as an incentive so Ford is my only option.
Yes, and I mentioned this for future reference as it appears your current warranty expires at the end of the year.
I guess their so called incentive was a fake piece of cheese they dangled in front of you. Sounds like they did a patch job instead of a true repair. Henry Ford must be rolling over in his grave.

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
It's the most problematic vehicle I have ever owned. My 68 Barracuda has less issues. The bumper to bumper expires at the end of this month. I still have a couple more years on the powertrain coverage, where a majority if the issues have resided. Trading this thing in at a massive loss sometime in 24. Paid 58k out the door in Jan 22 and trade in is right around 35k last time I checked.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Maybe a little more than that. Epecially if you sold other than trade. I paid 35 for a 2020 three months ago. Mileage will play a lot into that.

Explorer ST Posts