Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST Performance Tuning thread

Reactions
Figured most of us will probably do performance tuning at some point that we should get a discussion thread started. I'll start sharing what info I find on the net here.

lacartus

Reactions
Inspiration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OHST
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Livernois Motorsports & Engineering

JHeckler69

Reactions
What is the best tune to get for the 2020 Ford Explorer ST. I want to do tune only. I’m also looking for the easiest to install.

Reactions
i think they’re all pretty much the same.. take into consideration how far away the tuner is and how good their customer service might be.. seems like zfg has taken time to make their rounds in this forum.. maybe feel them out?

as far as a tune, i would get at least 5.. 87 daily/performance, 93 daily/performance, and e50 performance if there’s e85 available around you.. and make sure you get the e85 app and tester to make sure your mix is exact.

Reactions
i got an app for ios called e85 mix.. very very easy to use.. i’m hoping to install a high pressure fuel pump in the near future and run e85 without having to worry about mixing anything.

Reactions
E85 not too available in the Charlotte area. About 100 miles round trip to get it

Reactions
Great resource. Type in 28278 and see what I'll talking about. The locations are small towns about 50 miles or more away. Return trip would be a blast, but then I'd have to turn around and get more ha!

Reactions
and you will definitely wanna get more.. trust me.. maybe look into filling some cans to bring home? once you drive on e50, you’ll be hooked!

Reactions
Good idea. Still have my 08 150. I could load up 5 or so Jerry cans. Should last a month of weekend driving. I'll need that tester to br sure the blend is right. Stay safe

Reactions
Anyone heard anything about the JMS? Looks like a piggyback style that may "hide" a bit due to not changing software. Obviously not going to get 100hp from it, but curious to see what others think.

I had something similar on my 335i years ago and it gave some great gains.

Reactions
Anyone heard anything about the JMS? Looks like a piggyback style that may "hide" a bit due to not changing software. Obviously not going to get 100hp from it, but curious to see what others think.

Piggy backs really are not a great idea on the ecoboost, it throws everything off and you'll end up with too much boost and not enough timing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions

while i also come from the 335 world, and love terry / jb4. its not the right option for this vehicle, especially when PBD is available for more complete control and refined driveability