Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST exhaust

Reactions
Hi
I am planning to buy an exhaust for my explorer ST and I would like to make sure which are the most quiet brands of the following after break in
1. borla s type.
2. Thermal without downpipe.
3. AFE.
4. Gibson.
It is difficult to decide by videos and no idea if just installed or after break in.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Stock. And a lot cheaper. Spend that money on a tune and an intercooler. You'll thank me later.

OP
U
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Stock. And a lot cheaper. Spend that money on a tune and an intercooler. You'll thank me later.
Thanks .. here ford dealer is so strict with such mods .. warranty will be voided

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So what's to stop them from voiding your warranty if you replace the exhaust? If you don't want a tune, that's fine, but the intercooler (especially since you live in Dubai) will only help the longevity of your vehicle.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
As others mentioned, only reason to upgrade exhaust is sound. Quite a few running big HP through stock exhaust. I went with Thermal (still sitting in boxes) because I loved the sound.

OP
U
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
So what's to stop them from voiding your warranty if you replace the exhaust? If you don't want a tune, that's fine, but the intercooler (especially since you live in Dubai) will only help the longevity of your vehicle.
It will void the exhaust only ... but anything related to engine .. will void the warranty..that's as per their sales man .. I am into cars modifications ..will do it later on

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It will void the exhaust only ... but anything related to engine .. will void the warranty..that's as per their sales man .. I am into cars modifications ..will do it later on
That's lame. I get it but it's lame. You are putting a better aftermarket part on. The only way I could see them justifying voiding your drivetrain warranty is if there was a leak or something defective in the Whipple that caused a problem. It is basically a non-moving box. If you put a 170 thermostat in will they also void your drivetrain warranty?

I thought my purchasing dealer was lame, your experience is making me feel a bit better :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
A full cat-back system is the least of my concern right now. I just hate the quad exhaust tips and how it cuts down smh.

Anyone just go to a muffler shot to have them remove it and add better tips? If so, pics?

Zim

Reactions
A full cat-back system is the least of my concern right now. I just hate the quad exhaust tips and how it cuts down smh.

Anyone just go to a muffler shot to have them remove it and add better tips? If so, pics?
Just get the MBRP or MRT axle back and call it a day. I went with MRT but wish I went MBRP with carbon fiber tips.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What they said. There are a few axle-back systems on the market, just pick one of those you like. It will be a 30-minute bolt-on affair you can do yourself and it will be way easier than trying to cut and weld on new tips (and might even be cheaper than paying a muffler shop to do it).

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I was sold on the axle back setups but hate that I have to cut my stock system. I guess in my head, if I don’t like it, then what? Whereas with a catback system, if I don’t like it, just unbolt it and bolt up the stock system back on.

all I truly need is an axleback because I just want a little extra rumble and better looks but torn due to the reasons above.

Reactions
Loving my Borla exhaust.

Reactions
Loving my Borla exhaust.
Did you have the cut the bolts or grind anything to make it fit without rattling or did Borla fix that problem yet?

Reactions
Yes. I had to cut several of the heat shield bolts to avoid rattling.