Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Error C00A6:07-68 C00A6:74-6C need help

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Good afternoon
I'm from Moscow, we don't have dealers. If anyone can go to their nearest dealer and find out what to do, what to repair in my car. Or maybe someone has come across this.
Ford explorer release 07.2020. When starting off, the car twitches (at low speeds). Errors pop up both during acceleration and when coasting, in rain, dry weather, or they may not pop up, but it always twitches. When the engine is restarted, the errors are reset. Errors in the application.
Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
No idea what those diagnostic codes say since I don’t read the language, but based on those dashboard pictures it could need a replacement all wheel drive control module…those messages (and a few more) came up when mine needed a new module.

hbalek

Reactions
No idea what those diagnostic codes say since I don’t read the language, but based on those dashboard pictures it could need a replacement all wheel drive control module…those messages (and a few more) came up when mine needed a new module.
I had a few messages today along with drive mode not available at 41,500 miles. After a restart, the 4wd fault stayed on but the others were gone. Probably what mine needs is the module. I have an appointment tomorrow. I have a FordProtect ESP with rental car but this may be under powertrain warranty?

Reactions
I had a few messages today along with drive mode not available at 41,500 miles. After a restart, the 4wd fault stayed on but the others were gone. Probably what mine needs is the module. I have an appointment tomorrow. I have a FordProtect ESP with rental car but this may be under powertrain warranty?
Mine was, but I can’t swear yours will be. Some people have been covered, others have not.

hbalek

Reactions
Mine was, but I can’t swear yours will be. Some people have been covered, others have not.
My dealer replaced my CV axles under powertrain free of charge a few months ago. Hopefully this will be the same.

hbalek

Reactions
This is from an older discussion 2 years ago. This sounds like the same issues and possible solution. Mine had no messages for about 24 hours and I drove about 35 miles then as I was turning onto my street coming home this evening, all the warnings lit up again. I'm keeping my service appointment for tomorrow.

Attachments

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Guys, thanks for the info.
Hbalek, this is for cars until February 2020, I have July 2020, don’t come to me, but I tried to change the sensor, it didn’t help.

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Maybe someone will get to the dealer and ask about my problem ???

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
For me, this bulletin 23-2114 works best. But it is expensive, labor-intensive, and suddenly I'm wrong.
Can you ask the dealer?

Attachments

hbalek

Reactions
For me, this bulletin 23-2114 works best. But it is expensive, labor-intensive, and suddenly I'm wrong.
Can you ask the dealer?
It has not been diagnosed or repaired yet. They have had my car since yesterday. I'll update as soon as it's repaired. Someone on the other ST forum had his AWD module replaced for the same type of malfunction.

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
I saw about the AWD module, thanks.
There is an AWD module, I will try it. Then I will write.

hbalek

Reactions
Mine was repaired today and it was replacement of half-shaft speed sensor. It was covered under powertrain warranty so there was no charge or deductible on ESP.

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Hello!
I changed the sensor, even tried two, from other st, it did not help.
hbalek, Tell me, the month and year of manufacture of your car.

hbalek

Reactions
Hello!
I changed the sensor, even tried two, from other st, it did not help.
hbalek, Tell me, the month and year of manufacture of your car.
Mine was 11/19.

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
Yes, yours fits the axle speed sensor replacement bulletin.
Everything is fine, no problems?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sharapov, your problem is not the speed sensor. The car drives fine when the speed sensor is faulty--you just don't get the features. I would think the hub actuator bulletin that you posted might be a good place to start. When is your build date? At some point the deleted the electrical port to the hub actuator.

hbalek

Reactions
Yes, yours fits the axle speed sensor replacement bulletin.
Everything is fine, no problems?
So far so good. No 4wd fault messages and it drives normal. Besides replacing the sensor they cleared codes and topped off fluid. Here is the work they did in the attached document.

Also, the TSB they applied is this one:

21-2270 Ford Technical Service Bulletin (tsbsearch.com)

Attachments

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #18
OK thanks
I will try to change the awd module

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #19
Cdubya, assembly 07.2020. There is an AWD module, I'll try to change it, but there is nowhere to get the hub actuator (((

OP
S

Sharapov

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #20
The AWD module did not help, they changed three pieces, updated the firmware, etc.
Problem still exists