Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Engine flush at 13k miles

Reactions
Took the car in for an oil change, they recommended an engine flush. I passed because the oil looked good to me and don't know about running detergents and solvents through turbos , etc.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OK ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
it's just up selling, they're just trying to make money. No need to ever flush an engine in my opinion if you have been changing the oil on a regular basis with quality oil.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Call it "upselling" if you want, but it's really a scam. Don't take your car back there for an oil change ever. I hit one of these places years ago- their big "upsell" was transmission flushes. I'll never forget the young manager telling me how much a trans flush would make my car last longer, extend the life of the trans, make all the clutches and disc packs like new again. All they had to do was hook it up to this cool machine which would completely flush all the auto trans fluid while replacing with all new while removing all the impurities. Playing along, I took him over to my car and pointed out my manual transmission. Like any good liar, he claimed it also worked on manuals and would extend clutch life the same way. I never went back, and neither should you.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Agreed,

Also the ford dealers suck as well. I cant get my Raptor or ST in the shop without a headache in scheduling or constant communication.

Any good dealerships in the Dallas area?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
Remember frequent oil & filter changes (5K ?) and please check the posts here on
JLT &/or UPR quality oil catch can systems and see the benefits of these.……
….Engine Flush ? It’s like a bottle of Snake Oil from the Old West, Useless & Worthless.