Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driver's window control problem

Reactions
Ok, at 3800 miles and 7 months of ownership i have my first real problem. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

2 problems with driver window:

-The one touch auto up doesn't work anymore
-When the window reaches the fully closed position it automatically goes back down to 3/4 open

I have to find the sweet spot that is just barely below fully closed to prevent it from auto opening. Anyway, it goes to the dealer tomorrow.

OP
FordHousePDX
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
OP
FordHousePDX
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks! That is exactly what mine does. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
That sequence didn't work for me so I brought it to Ford today. They fixed it in 5min with what looked like the same procedure that you linked. I guess the procedure is very picky with the timing of when you push/pull the window button.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, happened to me and I managed to get it fixed after a few tries. The good thing is that 9 months later, no further issues...

OP
FordHousePDX
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
the issue came back today. I've messed around with the procedure to fix it and managed to get the auto-up to work again but it still auto-reverses when it hits the top. i'll keep playing around with it...

OP
FordHousePDX
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
It's fixed. I got the procedure to work.

OP
FordHousePDX
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
damn, i had to calibrate it again today.............

Reactions
I had this issue with my 17' Fusion Sport, calibrated more than I can count. Eventually the dealer had a different technician calibrate it and it has been great since.