Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dragy 10Hz, RaceBox 10Hz or RaceBox Mini 25Hz?

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #21
That's decent for stock. I tried several times and the best I could do was 13.74 and mine was a straight line. lol
Okay, so your bone stock time is the one to beat!

People are probably wondering why I'm into doing runs with a 100% stock ST. I used to mod cars, but now I'm into seeing if I can match or beat published test results.

I did this at the drag strip with my Stinger GT AWD (13.11@107.1 mph), my Taurus SHO (13.79@100.5 mph) and my Fusion Sport (13.88@97.7 mph).

Now I've just gotta find a straight and level road for my ST ...

Reactions
New full weight street PB. Haven't done too many high rpm launches since the cooler months, got down to 66 last night so I was curious and hit the mean streets of mexico to see what she'd do.

2020 Ford Explorer ST Dragy run 11.69 and 11.74 - YouTube

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #23
Crazy how many taco stands you passed on your Mexico runs.:sneaky:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
New full weight street PB. Haven't done too many high rpm launches since the cooler months, got down to 66 last night so I was curious and hit the mean streets of mexico to see what she'd do.

2020 Ford Explorer ST Dragy run 11.69 and 11.74 - YouTube
For anyone who actually views the video- if you want some laughs, read the comments. A good number of people think his ST is running a Whipple SUPERCHARGER! There's also good comments on disconnecting fuses so he can run FWD only on the dyno, that the tune is modified by the mode (sport, eco, etc.) . They also find it disappointing that you can't just buy an accessport and download custom tunes, and advice on how to lower his 0-60 times by short shifting second gear to third!

Reactions
For anyone who actually views the video- if you want some laughs, read the comments. A good number of people think his ST is running a Whipple SUPERCHARGER! There's also good comments on disconnecting fuses so he can run FWD only on the dyno, that the tune is modified by the mode (sport, eco, etc.) . They also find it disappointing that you can't just buy an accessport and download custom tunes, and advice on how to lower his 0-60 times by short shifting second gear to third!
You sure you're looking at the comments for the same video? I usually get some crazy comments on the vids, but I just double checked that video and I'm not seeing those. I wish I was cuz those sound hilarious.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
LOL, you're right. I watched the vid and it auto moved to the next one- that's where I read the comments:

Reactions
LOL, you're right. I watched the vid and it auto moved to the next one- that's where I read the comments:
OMG, I just lost some IQ points reading those comments. Youtube comments never fail to disappoint.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #28
I read the comments for ridered74's vid, none of them are out of whack. Just normal questions/comments.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm sure a few of them were yours!

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #30
That's decent for stock. I tried several times and the best I could do was 13.74 and mine was a straight line. lol
Okay, I just turned a 13.73@101.3 mph. And even though DRAGY shows it as "VALID", I know the road curved to the L so I'm not posting it.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #31
new personal best ...

100% bone stock, 76 deg, DA 1408 ft, 1/2 tank fuel, 40 lbs of extra weight, Power Brake, TC on.

Untitled1.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone tried the standalone racebox?

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #33
I went with the Dragy because it's half the price of the standalone Racebox.

The guy from Redline Reviews started using it on his reviews a while back, pretty cool:
https://www.youtube.com/c/theredline/featured

Explorer ST Posts