Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Disable Auto Stop / Start feature

Reactions
Anyone know how to permanently disable the auto stop / start feature? I hate that feature. Salesman said it was on a fuse by itself and just pull the fuse. I can't find that fuse referenced in the owners manual. Have seen an aftermarket device that will do it but I'm afraid it may void my warranty. Thanks.

Reactions
Anyone know how to permanently disable the auto stop / start feature? I hate that feature. Salesman said it was on a fuse by itself and just pull the fuse. I can't find that fuse referenced in the owners manual. Have seen an aftermarket device that will do it but I'm afraid it may void my warranty. Thanks.
You can do it with an aftermarket tune. I would hold off on pulling any fuse.

QwikEVO

Reactions
Thanks.

That's the one I saw but was afraid it my void my warranty.
The dealership would have to prove that any problem you have is caused by the Eliminator.

Besides, if you're that worried about them voiding your warranty, it would take like 5 minutes to take it off.

Vash610

Reactions
My salesman told me the same thing that it is just one fuse to pull and I can't find it in the owner's manual either. Did you ever find it? Or went with purchasing the Eliminator?

Reactions
My salesman told me the same thing that it is just one fuse to pull and I can't find it in the owner's manual either. Did you ever find it? Or went with purchasing the Eliminator?
I never found it. Haven't done anything yet. About to get in habit of turning if off when I crank up.

Reactions
There's a couple of guys on the FB group that have bought and are using the Eliminator. Installation takes less than 30 minutes.

Reactions
I have heard that plugging in a trailer wiring tester, and leaving it in, will bypass the stop/start function. Testers are available on Amazon for 8-10 dollars.