Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Diffy Stiffy fenfab explorer install SOLVED - Do not use the nuts provided.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
A member in the High Performance Explorer ST group just posted he made 600+ passes with the stiffy diffy without issue and he's making 11.5 passes
Interesting, that pic has left and right sided ones. did they have two installed?

Edit: never mind...they did use two diffy stiffies. Fen Fab doesn't even have left side Diffy Stiffy for sale on their site.

Last edited:

bbbart

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
Interesting, that pic has left and right sided ones. did they have two installed?

Edit: never mind...they did use two diffy stiffies. Fen Fab doesn't even have left side Diffy Stiffy for sale on their site.
I believe that is a very recent development. I bet the vast majority of those 600 launches were with one brace. My build made a high 10 second pass with the stiffy diffy and there were no issues.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I believe that is a very recent development. I bet the vast majority of those 600 launches were with one brace. My build made a high 10 second pass with the stiffy diffy and there were no issues.
Nah…Brett did those a couple years ago.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well, does he also have the new bushing then? For all we know, that does fix the problem with the one bolt breaking---in which case, the whole rear diff support products available are just for peace of mind. Fact is, there is at least one member here who had a stiffy diffy with the old bushing and still trashed his rear end.

bbbart

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
Nah…Brett did those a couple years ago.
Oh ok, thanks for the correction. I'm surprised Kevin didn't install both on my build when he was making 707hp. Brett & Kevin must have been confident with one brace.

bbbart

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
Well, does he also have the new bushing then? For all we know, that does fix the problem with the one bolt breaking---in which case, the whole rear diff support products available are just for peace of mind. Fact is, there is at least one member here who had a stiffy diffy with the old bushing and still trashed his rear end.
I'd have to ask Brett for that one. It must have been a serious thrashing to snap a diffy brace.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd have to ask Brett for that one. It must have been a serious thrashing to snap a diffy brace.
Well, let me ask you this: if the single bolt did break, which of the diffy braces would be able to support the rear differential without trashing the rear end? Steeda? probably. AWR? maybe. Stiffy Diffy? doubtful. Double diffy? I'd have to say maybe.

bbbart

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
Well, let me ask you this: if the single bolt did break, which of the diffy braces would be able to support the rear differential without trashing the rear end? Steeda? probably. AWR? maybe. Stiffy Diffy? doubtful.
Definitely go with Steeda for a 1-bolt. I was lucky to get a 2-bolt subframe.