Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Did you purchase a GAP insurance policy?

Reactions
Hello everyone! Just picked up my ST last week and debating if I should get GAP insurance. Anyone else purchase this?

Jules

Reactions
I thought it came as part of my Ford lease

Reactions
I Plan On leasing a St in the Future what kind of lease payments are you guys looking at and how much are you guys putting down?

Reactions
I always suggest buying it. With as much as cars depreciate, it's a no-brainer.

With that being said, I wasn't able to get it because USAA stopped selling GAP to active duty military members. I wasn't super happy about that when I found out.

Reactions
I always suggest buying it. With as much as cars depreciate, it's a no-brainer.

With that being said, I wasn't able to get it because USAA stopped selling GAP to active duty military members. I wasn't super happy about that when I found out.
My loan is through USAA...do they sell gap insurance to non-active duty military? I mean, I can call them but thought I'd ask.

UPDATE: USAA doesn't sell GAP insurance, but sells something that has a monthly charge (~$9) for 20% more of the vehicle's worth to buy another one should the car be totaled. Thought I'd share.

Last edited: