Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CVF Intercooler Install

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Good luck with that! Is this your first mod?
Yea, first mod, at least - on the ST. :devilish:
I figure Intercoolers are throwaway mods - throwaway the factory heat-soaking trash and move on.
From there, if I'm already balls-deep in the front for intake, the mandrel-bent charge pipes will make a huge difference. (I'm still investigating everything I need to do it right. aFe intake? Stock works? *shrug)

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Yea, first mod, at least - on the ST. :devilish:
I figure Intercoolers are throwaway mods - throwaway the factory heat-soaking trash and move on.
From there, if I'm already balls-deep in the front for intake, the mandrel-bent charge pipes will make a huge difference. (I'm still investigating everything I need to do it right. aFe intake? Stock works? *shrug)
Yes stock charge pipes work but if you want maximum gains go for hot and cold side charge pipes. Don’t throw away the stock intercooler either, people have sold them for like $150 on eBay.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
do we have to remove the shudders for ic install? Or is it optional with some ic’s?
It is optional for all intercoolers. I don’t think it would help too much but some people have done so.