Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Custom 3” Downpipes & Exhaust

Reactions
I would be interested in such a system if it’s design was integral with the performance benefits of ceramic coatings...after seeing factual dyno results of course. I can dream!

F=MA

Reactions
Magnaflow #19515 - revisting the remaining 2000 rpm drone. Magnaflow sent me two #14156 resonators to address the issue. What do you expect the resulting tone changes will be if I install these two resonators? A frequency change that just shifts the drone rpm range or actual drone elimination??

https://www.carid.com/magnaflow/rac...YFY8udVSpZrm1LdgI4SAKgI8q1-vZlkQaAlroEALw_wcB

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
My guess is it’ll still drone it’ll just change the frequency. It’ll likely stay at the same rpm.

Reactions
Magnaflow #19515 - revisting the remaining 2000 rpm drone. Magnaflow sent me two #14156 resonators to address the issue. What do you expect the resulting tone changes will be if I install these two resonators? A frequency change that just shifts the drone rpm range or actual drone elimination??

https://www.carid.com/magnaflow/rac...YFY8udVSpZrm1LdgI4SAKgI8q1-vZlkQaAlroEALw_wcB
Are they suggesting you keep the Helmholtz resonators and add these? Or replace the axel back portion of tubing with these in lieu of the Helmholtzs?

F=MA

Reactions
Just add the resonators to the existing setup.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You should probably start your own threads for these things instead of taking over Kevin’s.