Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

creeky rear springs/sway bar

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
I installed the steeda springs and rear sway bar and now I have an embarrassing creek going on from the rear when I roll over the slightest bump. I can't tell if its the sway bar or rear springs. Anyone else have this and or possible solutions?
Thanks in advance

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Not enough grease on the swaybar bushings.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I installed the steeda springs and rear sway bar and now I have an embarrassing creek going on from the rear when I roll over the slightest bump. I can't tell if its the sway bar or rear springs. Anyone else have this and or possible solutions?
Thanks in advance
It's the bar. As far as "not enough", we have plenty on ours and have dropped the bar multiple times to goop more in there. Stays quiet for about 3 weeks.

SeaRay

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer AWD Limited Hybrid
Thanks in advance
Check this video out, this is after ford replaced rear subframe bushings 15,000 miles

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/khj7...ge_9.mov?rlkey=62dk5vj26pfvzqlj9a1tjn4x4&dl=0

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Check this video out, this is after ford replaced rear subframe bushings 15,000 miles

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/khj7...ge_9.mov?rlkey=62dk5vj26pfvzqlj9a1tjn4x4&dl=0
That's a different sound than our RSB bushings.

We complained to Steeda and they sent us more bushings, which were exactly like the bushings on there. We even used the silicone lube they recommended. Just Google "Steeda sway bar squeak", it's nothing new. Every Steeda swaybar across every platform makes noise. I cut some plastic out of oil jugs and will give that a shot next, if that doesn't work we'll put the stock bar back on.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That's a different sound than our RSB bushings.

We complained to Steeda and they sent us more bushings, which were exactly like the bushings on there. We even used the silicone lube they recommended. Just Google "Steeda sway bar squeak", it's nothing new. Every Steeda swaybar across every platform makes noise. I cut some plastic out of oil jugs and will give that a shot next, if that doesn't work we'll put the stock bar back on.
My Steeda rear bar doesn’t make a sound. Neither does my AFe front bar.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
My Steeda rear bar is silent as well…

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
... Every Steeda swaybar across every platform makes noise...
I must be driving a one in a million, it just ain't so.

cmauro9

Reactions
I’m getting it too and a really annoying rattle too. I haven’t installed my H & R Springs yet. If I push down on the rear bumper it’s more like a squeak.

cmauro9

Reactions