Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Creaking from interior rear cargo area.

P5632r

Reactions
Anyone experiencing an odd “creaking” like plastic or body rubbing from interior cargo area, primarily when turning and there may be some body flex. Cant quite narrow it down yet? Ive seen other threads on previous models and there is no smoking gun. Figured I’d see if anyone else had/found same. Thanks ( not coming from moonroof thankfully )

Reactions
Mine did after I took out the taillights to install LED bulbs. Does it sounds like you have a case of plastic water bottles in your trunk?

I pushed the taillights back in with some forced and something clicked and the rubbing sound went away. Hope that works for you.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Do you have a sunroof? I just got mine back where they discovered the Right Rear Sunroof drain tube was kinked / improperly installed and it caused a sound every time I hit a bump, also caused rain to leak into the passenger far back compartment and spare tire well. All fixed now.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Also, all the plastic panels are held in by clips. Sometimes they dislodge and need to be pushed back in. Don't forget the liftgate.