Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

COST OF STEEDA SPRING INSTALL

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Wow,

Paid 325.00 for the Steeda Springs.

However the installation costs are very expensive.

I'm getting quotes from 750-850, yikes!

Anyone know a good speed shop here in the Chicagoland area???

Thanks

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I used Speed Inc quite a but when I had a CTS-V. Added some mods and did some dyno tuning. Not sure of their pricing. Price might include(should include) alignment. I'm guessing 3-4 hours plus an alignment. I'm hoping to do my own in less time.

OP
ARC

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Thread Starter #3
I used Speed Inc quite a but when I had a CTS-V. Added some mods and did some dyno tuning. Not sure of their pricing. Price might include(should include) alignment. I'm guessing 3-4 hours plus an alignment. I'm hoping to do my own in less time.
Hello,
Where are they out of?

OP
ARC

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Thread Starter #4
Just looked them up.
Looks like they specialize in GM mostly.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes they specialize in GM. Don't think they would have any problem doing springs for an Explorer.

Tom Izzo was the owner back a few years ago. A solid guy when I dealt with him. Their shop has expanded quite a bit over the years so they must be doing a lot of work.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Also Douglas Automotive in Plainfield is a very reputable general automotive shop. The only place I ever had work done on my daughters' cars. Again, could problably handle springs no problem but they don't do alignments.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Based on people’s comments, I’m considering putting Steeda springs and rear sway bar on my ST. However, I had sticker shock from the quote the Thoroughbred Ford gave for the install with an alignment ($1200). Dealer is known for doing performance upgrades on Mustangs and off road upgrades for F150s, so this isn’t something new to them but the price seems way out of line.

Is the $1200 cost they quoted me what the going install rate is today? Also, does anyone have an alternative shop in the Kansas City area that they would recommend?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Alignment is likely $150-175
Their hourly rate is likely $150-$200
Front is about an hour or two at most.
Rear is an hour tops.

Dealers suck for labor work generally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yeah, was hoping that since they do upgrades like this normally, they wouldn’t be as pricey as they were. If it had been nearer to $750, I would have been happy.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah, was hoping that since they do upgrades like this normally, they wouldn’t be as pricey as they were. If it had been nearer to $750, I would have been happy.
Had I not been planning on replacing cross member I would have gladly paid $750 all day for springs and an alignment. Still need an alignment but I want to drive on the springs for a few days/week to get everything settled before getting it aligned.

One advantage of Ford is they SHOULD be able to get the alignment correct. Some shops do not seem to understand where you can adjust the rears to get it back in spec after lowering.

OP
ARC

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Thread Starter #11
Try to find a performance shop. I have Speed Inc. Here in Illinois. They charged about 500.00 for the springs to be done and a 140.00 for the rear sway bar install. Also 250.00 for the downpipe back exhaust install. Great people over there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I think the mistake is going to the dealer or performance shop. go straight to the alignment shop. They work on suspension everyday. swapping springs will be easy for them. I use a place called Clark frame and alignment. they can adjust it for driving style or just making tires last as long as possible.
my springs are not here yet so cant comment on cost but Im gonna guess $500-600

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Paid $450 for installation with alignment at my local ford dealer

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Paid $450 for installation with alignment at my local ford dealer
I think you have a honest dealer or you know someone lol. That seems very fair.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I think the mistake is going to the dealer or performance shop. go straight to the alignment shop. They work on suspension everyday. swapping springs will be easy for them. I use a place called Clark frame and alignment. they can adjust it for driving style or just making tires last as long as possible.
my springs are not here yet so cant comment on cost but Im gonna guess $500-600
Thanks, hadn’t thought about that approach.

Reactions
I paid $380 to install the Steeda Springs and get an alignment yesterday at a local dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RoadHog

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Hang on to your HAT guys, just got a quote from a Ford dealer in New Hudson, Michigan, $2200.00 for spring and sway bar install!!

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hang on to your HAT guys, just got a quote from a Ford dealer in New Hudson, Michigan, $2200.00 for spring and sway bar install!!
[crazyeye]