Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Console Vault

Reactions
I recently installed a console vault (VLB5Z-9906202-A) in my 2020 Explorer ST. It is a perfect fit, all the ports inside the console are accessible with the vault in place, and I was able to install it within five minutes. It's a great modification.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vlb5z-9906202-a.html

Enjoy!

Reactions
Was this pretty simple to do? Did you have to take anything apart?

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Very simple. Vault slips right into the console. Two interior bolt (one each on driver and passenger sides) hold the vault in place. I would definitely do it again...

Reactions
Great idea

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Definitely better than nothing for temporarily securing items.

Reactions
Do you still have access to the charge port?

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Yes. You have access to charging port, light, and access panel at bottom of console.

Reactions
How big is the inside? I want one to hold my pistol securely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
If you have a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield (or something similar in size) it will fit with plenty of room. The inside of the vault is approximately 7 3/4" wide by 9 3/4" long. The lip around the opening is approximately 3/4" wide and the thickness of the metal is approximately 1/8". See pictures below. The knobs on the driver and passenger sides are actually the bolts that hold the vault in place. I covered them with rubber caps to prevent scratching myself or any objects I put in the vault.

**Standard disclaimer applies with regard to firearms and the transportation of firearms. Make sure you know your applicable state and federal laws. This is for demonstration purposes only**

IMG_4356.jpeg IMG_4361.jpeg IMG_4362.jpeg

OHST

Reactions
If you have a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield (or something similar in size) it will fit with plenty of room. The inside of the vault is approximately 7 3/4" wide by 9 3/4" long. The lip around the opening is approximately 3/4" wide and the thickness of the metal is approximately 1/8". See pictures below. The knobs on the driver and passenger sides are actually the bolts that hold the vault in place. I covered them with rubber caps to prevent scratching myself or any objects I put in the vault.

**Standard disclaimer applies with regard to firearms and the transportation of firearms. Make sure you know your applicable state and federal laws. This is for demonstration purposes only**

View attachment 159 View attachment 160 View attachment 161
Thanks for sharing the inside photo

Reactions

View attachment 159 View attachment 160 View attachment 161
where did you get the rubber caps?

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
where did you get the rubber caps?
Amazon - search for Vinyl End Caps. I bought a couple different sizes. Don't remember which size actually fit. Sorry.

Reactions
Awesome thanks man!

Blackssr

Reactions
How big is the inside? I want one to hold my pistol securely.

I have it... 9 mm with clips - no issues with space.. No I just one big enough to hold my AR15 with bump stock!

Reactions
I keep my Glock 26 or 19 in there holstered. That vault is sweet.

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Anyone know if a full size pistol would fit. Like the Ruger 57. Picking one up for a vehicle carry. Shoots 5.7x28 ammo. Anyone know how deep it is?

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Been looking at these. Your review and photos are VERY helpful!

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
CH46E, The Console Vault is as deep as your center console, as it uses the pad on the bottom of the console as it’s bottom. This was my first mod in the ST, as I had one in my 17 Sport. Super craftsmanship and flawless execution. High recommended for those
“GUESS WHO!! “ moments we need to be prepared for…..

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
CH46E, The Console Vault is as deep as your center console, as it uses the pad on the bottom of the console as it’s bottom. This was my first mod in the ST, as I had one in my 17 Sport. Super craftsmanship and flawless execution. High recommended for those
“GUESS WHO!! “ moments we need to be prepared for…..
Thanks man. I picked up the Ruger 57 today and it will fit in my console. But looking at the picture above it appears the vault sits about and inch lower into the console. I may have to put it in at a angle.

If it does not fit, that will just give me an excuse to go buy a 10mm pistol that will fit. ;)
Where I plan to move to in January..... I need some extra fire power. The Ruger 57 hold 20+1.

Reactions
I have a full size Glock 21 .45 that will fit at an angle in the vault but the 26 can lay flat on the bottom.

Explorer ST Posts