Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Console Vault

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I have a full size Glock 21 .45 that will fit at an angle in the vault but the 26 can lay flat on the bottom.
Thanks John.... looks like the Ruger 57 is half an inch longer. You think it will fit?

My agency just switched from HK P2000 in .40 to Glock Gen 5 19's. 9mm. I'll be moving to work the South West border in Jan. I want more power. Would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Reactions
Thanks John.... looks like the Ruger 57 is half an inch longer. You think it will fit?

My agency just switched from HK P2000 in .40 to Glock Gen 5 19's. 9mm. I'll be moving to work the South West border in Jan. I want more power. Would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
I think it will fit. If I think of it, I’ll check to see how much clearance there is with the 21 before we take off for a week today. You’ll like that 19. I had a Gen 4 that I gave to my son in law. I put a Laser X guide rod laser sight in it and my 26. Really cool; all internal.

Reactions

This G21 actually lays flat too and there’s about an inch left so you should be good.
C73B2559-669D-4792-A0A7-550D909ADE20.jpeg

Reactions
I have that same vault and mounted a magnet to the drivers side so that it will hold a firearm with the grip pointed at the passenger side and, coincidentally the barrel pointing down so if there's an accidental discharge the drive shaft is in trouble. It's the quickest way to extract it that I could figure out. Of course, my first level of defense will be the accelerator, lol. The ZFG tune will get me away pretty quickly. I leave the vault unlatched when I am in the vehicle so when I open the armrest the vault pops open as well. I don't want to be fumbling around with multiple latches if I'm in trouble.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is there still access to the charging ports and is the console light still visible or is it covered up?

Reactions
I have that same vault and mounted a magnet to the drivers side so that it will hold a firearm with the grip pointed at the passenger side and, coincidentally the barrel pointing down so if there's an accidental discharge the drive shaft is in trouble. It's the quickest way to extract it that I could figure out. Of course, my first level of defense will be the accelerator, lol. The ZFG tune will get me away pretty quickly. I leave the vault unlatched when I am in the vehicle so when I open the armrest the vault pops open as well. I don't want to be fumbling around with multiple latches if I'm in trouble.
Very cool! Like that!

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
Reactions

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
You are all quite welcomed! This forum is the best source for sharing our ST thoughts & finds. Lots of really helpful members here!

Reactions
Just installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I wish everything installed as easy as this vault.

Reactions
What kind of lock cylinder is it? Does it look like you can remove/replace it? I know enough about locks and bypassing locks to know that if this comes from Ford, it is probably a crap tubular cylinder, and would definitely replace it.

Reactions
What kind of lock cylinder is it? Does it look like you can remove/replace it? I know enough about locks and bypassing locks to know that if this comes from Ford, it is probably a crap tubular cylinder, and would definitely replace it.
I got mine from Ford and they also have the option of a 4-Dial combination lock, which is what I went with. I’d get that again too.

Taz

Reactions
I set mine so that all I have to do is rotate one number to open the safe. Three of the four tumbler numbers are set to the combination and the fourth is set one single number off to open. One click, super quick.

Reactions
I set mine so that all I have to do is rotate one number to open the safe. Three of the four tumbler numbers are set to the combination and the fourth is set one single number off to open. One click, super quick.
I do exactly that too.

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Console Vault has upgraded their 4 digit locking mechanism and eliminated the pull tab. New Elite Lock is the name of it, “EL” is the model….I ordered one and will post my findings upon installaction.
Check it out at ConsoleVault.com