Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Confused on packages

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
For anyone considering the Track pack over the Street Pack...you can buy the pads for like $260 and throw them in in an hour yourself and save a few hundred bucks.

OP
S

skipdup

Reactions
Thread Starter #22
The description verbiage under 400A & 401A looks correct.
But, using the configuration tool, when you select 401A and scroll down, Street Pack shows as included - it auto checks.
Also, if you look at the 21" wheels, it also auto-checks and shows as included.
Also under the 21" wheel description, it plainly states "ST Street Pack is included in ST Equipment Group 401A."
The picture of your configured car also changes to show street pack when you select 401A.
Not a big deal. But to me, the Ford site is clearly wrong (based on every 401A (non-street pack) vehicle I can actually buy at a dealer).

iexplore

Reactions
The description verbiage under 400A & 401A looks correct.
But, using the configuration tool, when you select 401A and scroll down, Street Pack shows as included - it auto checks.
Also, if you look at the 21" wheels, it also auto-checks and shows as included.
Also under the 21" wheel description, it plainly states "ST Street Pack is included in ST Equipment Group 401A."
The picture of your configured car also changes to show street pack when you select 401A.
Not a big deal. But to me, the Ford site is clearly wrong (based on every 401A (non-street pack) vehicle I can actually buy at a dealer).
That's what I saw as well. If I left the 400A equipment group selected and tried to add individual options such as Heated/Ventilated Seats, it would want to add 401A equipment group for $4,100.

In the end, I test drove the cheapest one I found and decided it had most of what I wanted despite not having any added options listed on the window sticker except Star White Pearl. I was surprised by all the standard features at a similar price level that were additional options or not even available on my 2017 Dodge Durango R/T such as tow package, power folding mirrors, adaptive cruise control, 360 camera and wireless charging. I actually liked the sleeper look with the base package because I didn't really want black rims or red calipers.

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
I looked for about 4 weeks while the insurance company was figuring out what to do with my Trackhawk. Once they totaled it the search hit high gear. I could not find the ST in Atlas Blue within 600 miles of my location. I ended up with the second color choice of Carbonized Gray Metallic. It had all the features I wanted and it was a short trip to Indy to get it.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome

Reactions
I found the same car but with the Street Pack up in Austin. Talked to dealer. Not willing to negotiate at all - which I feared might be the case. No way I can see myself paying MSRP. Might not be able to join the club for a while. Bummed :(
that dealership push financing real hard too?

Reactions
Am I the only one that regrets getting the tech package? The vertical screen has so much wasted real estate.... Unless you're using sync maps you only get half screen apps. On carplay and Android auto.

The horizontal screen looks more appropriate imho

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Am I the only one that regrets getting the tech package? The vertical screen has so much wasted real estate.... Unless you're using sync maps you only get half screen apps. On carplay and Android auto.

The horizontal screen looks more appropriate imho
I actually like the big screen- looks a bit more hi-tech and since I usually have it on the nav screen, it used the screen real estate nicely. Also like the upgrade with sound and seats.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I bet a person could swap to the horizontal screen and keep all the Tech Pack features with the right combination of parts.

Reactions
I actually like the big screen- looks a bit more hi-tech and since I usually have it on the nav screen, it used the screen real estate nicely. Also like the upgrade with sound and seats.
From my understanding these seats are the same as the 2021 edge platinum, with different trimmings. And I didn't like them in that either. It's prolly a me problem on those.

I bet a person could swap to the horizontal screen and keep all the Tech Pack features with the right combination of parts.
I bet you can, I haven't looked that far into it. If you use the built in apps it's a good looking screen but I am used to android auto and again, probably a me problem.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
A bit off topic, but how does one go about replying to two or more posts at the same time as in the post above? As far as the seats, I've definitely had better, but never had cooling/massage before.

Reactions
A bit off topic, but how does one go about replying to two or more posts at the same time as in the post above? As far as the seats, I've definitely had better, but never had cooling/massage before.
Yeah this forum layout is funky for sure, I just hit quote on the individual posts and it adds each as a quote in-line with the reply. The massager is awesome. My buddy has a s55 and that's the only other time I've Sat in car seats with massage. They just aren't made for my butt unfortunately!

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Yes. And the only difference between the $1595 and $995 are the brake pads themselves. I had both options.

I was under the impression that you also get stickier Michelin tires with the better pads for that upgrade.

Does anyone have the Ford part numbers for the better pads?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I was under the impression that you also get stickier Michelin tires with the better pads for that upgrade.

Does anyone have the Ford part numbers for the better pads?
I think that was true for the 2020s. 21 an up I think they switched to the same tires no matter what package you get.

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I think that was true for the 2020s. 21 an up I think they switched to the same tires no matter what package you get.
That makes sense since I have a 2020.

I called my local Ford Stealership and they had no clue what I was talking about for the brake pads. SMH.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That makes sense since I have a 2020.

I called my local Ford Stealership and they had no clue what I was talking about for the brake pads. SMH.
Yeah that’s not surprising one bit. They’re mostly complete idiots at these shops.

Reactions
They did that with the later ‘20’s too.

LEOmedic

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer limited
I have a 2020 limited rwd that im going to be putting a built 2.3 in (2.0 block 2.3 crank, ported polished heads hd tuner and steeda struts, springs, sway bars etc...)
I have a really dumb question will the st brakes mount on the rwd limited with 20" wheels?