Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Confused on packages

UNBROKEN

1000 Post Club
Reactions
For anyone considering the Track pack over the Street Pack...you can buy the pads for like $260 and throw them in in an hour yourself and save a few hundred bucks.

skipdup

Reactions
The description verbiage under 400A & 401A looks correct.
But, using the configuration tool, when you select 401A and scroll down, Street Pack shows as included - it auto checks.
Also, if you look at the 21" wheels, it also auto-checks and shows as included.
Also under the 21" wheel description, it plainly states "ST Street Pack is included in ST Equipment Group 401A."
The picture of your configured car also changes to show street pack when you select 401A.
Not a big deal. But to me, the Ford site is clearly wrong (based on every 401A (non-street pack) vehicle I can actually buy at a dealer).

iexplore

Reactions
The description verbiage under 400A & 401A looks correct.
But, using the configuration tool, when you select 401A and scroll down, Street Pack shows as included - it auto checks.
Also, if you look at the 21" wheels, it also auto-checks and shows as included.
Also under the 21" wheel description, it plainly states "ST Street Pack is included in ST Equipment Group 401A."
The picture of your configured car also changes to show street pack when you select 401A.
Not a big deal. But to me, the Ford site is clearly wrong (based on every 401A (non-street pack) vehicle I can actually buy at a dealer).
That's what I saw as well. If I left the 400A equipment group selected and tried to add individual options such as Heated/Ventilated Seats, it would want to add 401A equipment group for $4,100.

In the end, I test drove the cheapest one I found and decided it had most of what I wanted despite not having any added options listed on the window sticker except Star White Pearl. I was surprised by all the standard features at a similar price level that were additional options or not even available on my 2017 Dodge Durango R/T such as tow package, power folding mirrors, adaptive cruise control, 360 camera and wireless charging. I actually liked the sleeper look with the base package because I didn't really want black rims or red calipers.

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I looked for about 4 weeks while the insurance company was figuring out what to do with my Trackhawk. Once they totaled it the search hit high gear. I could not find the ST in Atlas Blue within 600 miles of my location. I ended up with the second color choice of Carbonized Gray Metallic. It had all the features I wanted and it was a short trip to Indy to get it.