Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cold Air Intake status?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
93, planning on sticking with that.
I think for the main DP, exhaust, IC, tune combos 3.9x runs are as good as it gets and definitely pretty stout. I went quicker on E50 but I like the simplicity of a 93 tune. If they’ll dip into the .80’s with a good intake and piping...I’d be perfectly happy and probably wouldn’t load the E50 tune ever again.

Reactions
I think for the main DP, exhaust, IC, tune combos 3.9x runs are as good as it gets and definitely pretty stout. I went quicker on E50 but I like the simplicity of a 93 tune. If they’ll dip into the .80’s with a good intake and piping...I’d be perfectly happy and probably wouldn’t load the E50 tune ever again.
I agree. We’ll find out relatively soon!

LokiWolf

Reactions
@Kruppa What current mods and who is your tuner, just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
@Kruppa What current mods and who is your tuner, just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Performance mods - ZFG 93 tune, Whipple IC, K&N drop in filter, 3” FenFab downpipes and full exhaust, JLT catch can. Coming soon - custom intake and ic piping

LokiWolf

Reactions
Performance mods - ZFG 93 tune, Whipple IC, K&N drop in filter, 3” FenFab downpipes and full exhaust, JLT catch can. Coming soon - custom intake and ic piping
Nice! What did you think of the FenFab pipes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Nice! What did you think of the FenFab pipes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Love them! Going back for more work very soon. Quality materials, serious welding skills, listens to exactly what you want and will make sure you're happy when you leave.

NappyNick

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
So.... just dropped off my ST at K&N for their mock up/fit and dyno for the CAI. They will have it for a few days for testing. I’ll keep you all posted

OP
Red2020ST
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
So.... just dropped off my ST at K&N for their mock up/fit and dyno for the CAI. They will have it for a few days for testing. I’ll keep you all posted
Did you get to see anything and or will you get to see the design when you pick it up?

NappyNick

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
So right now it’s two pipes leading in to an air box and two cone filters inside.

OP
Red2020ST
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
So right now it’s two pipes leading in to an air box and two cone filters inside.
I'm assuming the airbox has moved to the driver's side?

NappyNick

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Still in the middle for now

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So a bolt on solution for this is actually in development?
Yes. I got Nick in touch with K&N for final fit test and dyno test. After they’re done they’ll have to do the CARB testing for an EO number then they’re shooting for a Q3 release.

Reactions
Yes. I got Nick in touch with K&N for final fit test and dyno test. After they’re done they’ll have to do the CARB testing for an EO number then they’re shooting for a Q3 release.
That is absolutely fantastic news. Thanks.

Reactions
Just bought an ST and ordered exhaust and tune. Should be on this week! What is the next upgrade you guys would do? I was looking for intake options and came across this thread.
2021 with 180 miles on it.

Reactions
Just bought an ST and ordered exhaust and tune. Should be on this week! What is the next upgrade you guys would do? I was looking for intake options and came across this thread.
2021 with 180 miles on it.
i think the general consensus is probably Whipple intercooler as one of the very 1st necessities

Reactions
I got to see some sneak peaks of the FENFab intake today, it's pretty slick looking.

@Kruppa I assume it's your ExST they're utilizing? Loving the progress!

Reactions
I got to see some sneak peaks of the FENFab intake today, it's pretty slick looking.

@Kruppa I assume it's your ExST they're utilizing? Loving the progress!
That's correct! Mine has the FENFab cold air intake and charge pipes installed. He did those together and now needs to do a final fitment check to make sure the intake works fine with the stock charge pipes, in case people don't upgrade both. I am waiting on another part to arrive that he is going to install at the same time and when that comes I'll be dropping it off with him.

Reactions