Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

COBB Accessport - Goosetuned Tuning thread

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Sheesh, putting up some excellent numbers! We need some draggy results of the State 2 E50. What's Stage 2 involve anyways?

What other add-on's are included with the e50 tune? Launch control? Rolling Anti Lag?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
Winfield, Stage 1 91 is essentially NO Intercooler, and Stage 2 91 is for an Intercooler, correct?
Stage 2 includes downpipes, intercooler, and intake.

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #63
Winfield, Stage 1 91 is essentially NO Intercooler, and Stage 2 91 is for an Intercooler, correct?
Yep!

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #64
Sheesh, putting up some excellent numbers! We need some draggy results of the State 2 E50. What's Stage 2 involve anyways?

What other add-on's are included with the e50 tune? Launch control? Rolling Anti Lag?
Thank you!

I posted my personal stage 2 (intercooler) dragy a month or so ago. 11s at altitude. I’ll trap another 3-4mph at seal level

no launch control or antilag either!

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #65
Here’s another customer on e50

Attachments

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #66
More fun coming soon!!! CRP Stage 5 turbos.

This will be the first upgraded twin turbo setup on the COBB Accessport.

Will post results in probably 2 weeks

Attachments

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #67
Another 11sec pass by a customer :)

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I know I'm in a Goose thread but I'm on the fence between Goose and ZFG. I currently have a stock vehicle

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
I know I'm in a Goose thread but I'm on the fence between Goose and ZFG. I currently have a stock vehicle
While Zfg is probably the biggest name on this platform the reasons behind it are 1 great tunes, and 2 the length of time he has been doing them. Goosetuned uses the accessport which has only been out a few months for the ST but goose has made plenty of videos of the constant work he is doing in regards to developing his tunes, they just keep getting better and better. I would honestly say Goose and Zfg are both top tier as far as tuners go. Personally I like the accessport a lot better than the hp tuner. As I can monitor my gauges from it, vs having to use an app on my phone. I worked with several different tuners on various cars and my tuning experience with Goose was awesome, took less than a week start to finish. He was extremely responsive, and professional and I can’t recommend Goosetuned enough. Both tuners give you a great tune, so at the end of the day choose what device you like better.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 carbonized grey ST
While Zfg is probably the biggest name on this platform the reasons behind it are 1 great tunes, and 2 the length of time he has been doing them. Goosetuned uses the accessport which has only been out a few months for the ST but goose has made plenty of videos of the constant work he is doing in regards to developing his tunes, they just keep getting better and better. I would honestly say Goose and Zfg are both top tier as far as tuners go. Personally I like the accessport a lot better than the hp tuner. As I can monitor my gauges from it, vs having to use an app on my phone. I worked with several different tuners on various cars and my tuning experience with Goose was awesome, took less than a week start to finish. He was extremely responsive, and professional and I can’t recommend Goosetuned enough. Both tuners give you a great tune, so at the end of the day choose what device you like better.
Agreed 100%. , I was on the fence also but choose Goose for a few reason. I have a buddy with a Raptor who recommended Goose when he came out for tuning for the ST. Did some research and liked what I saw and heard. I am very pleased to say the least with Goose’s tunes, and confident I made the right decision. Oh and his customer service is first class all the way!

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
……….Did some research and liked what I saw and heard. I am very pleased to say the least with Goose’s tunes, and confident I made the right decision. Oh and his customer service is first class all the way!
I’m quite familiar with Winfield(GooseTuned) and agree his overall tuning strategy aligns with mine and is very good as the tuning business is his #1 priority such that he is constantly testing to refine his work. ZFG(Adam) is currently at the top for this platform due to the most experience and his tunes are none-better, but Goose is not a “second choice” tuner. At this point, Winfield has the best customer service in the tuning industry and his tuning is as good as it gets.

Bottom line is you can’t go wrong with either tuner. Try and contact them each directly to discuss what your goals/limits are to see what type response you get, then go with your gut.

Edit: Note that I’m running the ZFG tune setup and am 100% satisfied. I do prefer the Cobb hardware and software, but Cobb is not currently providing/allowing their Accesstuner software to private tuners for this platform where HPTuners allows everyone. THAT is the dealbreaker for Cobb for me.

Last edited:

BBGun242

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
I just got my Goosetune and I'm very satisfied. Customer service has been top notch. He even revised my tune over Easter.

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #73
Thank you all for the kind words!!!

@JamesV1 I hope that helps! If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask!

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #74
Oh and I just made 597whp on the CRP Stage 5 turbos (E45 fuel), on my base map today :)

I ran out of time to really do as many pulls as I wanted so after I change plugs I'll hit the dyno.

Not too bad for 3 months into the platform!

597whp.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 carbonized grey ST
Oh and I just made 597whp on the CRP Stage 5 turbos (E45 fuel), on my base map today :)

I ran out of time to really do as many pulls as I wanted so after I change plugs I'll hit the dyno.

Not too bad for 3 months into the platform!

View attachment 22571
o_Oo_O