Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

“Clicking” in Front End?

TooTall

Reactions
When I’ve been messing around in my car, for example cleaning the passenger and/or back seat, I hear a clicking type sound from the front end every few minutes. Is this normal? Has anyone else had the same experience?

Reactions
Yes, i have the same thing. seems perfectly normal since all of them at the dealer did it.
When I’ve been messing around in my car, for example cleaning the passenger and/or back seat, I hear a clicking type sound from the front end every few minutes. Is this normal? Has anyone else had the same experience?

OP
TooTall

TooTall

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thank you very much! You just never know. You’ve put my mind at ease!

Reactions
Cars these days are so loaded with electronics, solenoids, valves opening and closing, motors whining, computerized everything, that odd noises are to be expected from them from time to time. Even as far back as 2009, I noticed that my old car's electronic throttle would whine noticeably and click for the first couple minutes after I would shut the car off. It concerned me at first, but then I gave up worrying about it when it went on for months and nothing ever happened. Since most cars are never really completely "off" unless you remove the battery, things will do their occasional self-diagnostics and self tests, things will activate and deactivate when they sense you are in and out of proximity. I could go on. Unless a vehicle makes an alarming noise while it's being driven or while it's running, don't worry about it.

Reactions
ive noticed our ST will make sounds like relays clicking on, or pumps priming when you walk up to it, even without the key in your pocket. it somehow senses someone near it and its waiting for an RFID communication or something.