Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Clicking/Clunking under driver side floor

Reactions
You'll have me listening to my Ford every time I pull up to/away from a red light for now on.

They were not able to correctly identify the problem? But it is related, somehow, to how full your gas tank is?
Yes, and it happens in every ST regardless of build date. When your tank is anywhere between 5/8 - 7/8 full, you’ll hear what sounds like a clunking, but it’s the gasoline sloshing around in the tank that’s causing the noise and feeling. I’m not sure why Ford doesn’t think to put additional dampening between the tank and chassis, it would be an easy fix.

David L

Reactions
Did anyone get answers on this my 2021 is doing this with 600 miles

F=MA

Reactions
I have wolf hearing and my 2020 ST does not have any fuel tank related thuds at any fuel level. Neither did the previous 2020 ST I had. I do have the constant clicking from beneath the drivers seat while the vehicle is in motion which has been addressed by a Service Bulletin elsewhere on the forum.

GTP

Reactions
Mine had a sharp rapping sound from the outside rear. Found a loose final exhaust bracket. I wrote up the repair on this forum somewhere.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Mine had a sharp rapping sound from the outside rear. Found a loose final exhaust bracket. I wrote up the repair on this forum somewhere.
Ditto