Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Chirping sound in drivetrain, feels like its binding?

Reactions
Good Morning guys,

My 2020 has a weird issue that just developed in the last few days. Something in the driveline is making a chirping or whirling sound. Whenever it does it it alost feels like somethings binding. Taking it to Ford this week (luckily happened right before my warranty died, by like 600 miles no less) Just curious as to what they might find. I had a flat 2 weeks ago and had to run about 30 miles on the spare. Wondering if its possible maybe it tripped something out or broke something. I know before it disengaged the awd it made some terrible noise. Any thoughts? Between this and Sync issues I'm at my wits end with this thing.

hbalek

Reactions
Good Morning guys,

My 2020 has a weird issue that just developed in the last few days. Something in the driveline is making a chirping or whirling sound. Whenever it does it it alost feels like somethings binding. Taking it to Ford this week (luckily happened right before my warranty died, by like 600 miles no less) Just curious as to what they might find. I had a flat 2 weeks ago and had to run about 30 miles on the spare. Wondering if its possible maybe it tripped something out or broke something. I know before it disengaged the awd it made some terrible noise. Any thoughts? Between this and Sync issues I'm at my wits end with this thing.
If you still have powertrain warranty it may be covered.