Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Checking in from Maryland

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Hello there. Proud owner of a used 20k mile Explorer ST. This crazy market we're in was too tempting ($$$) as a Dodge owner, so I sold my 2020 Dodge Charger Scatpack to get-me-the-vin for a great profit and chose the Explorer ST as its replacement. Just got it a few hours ago.

I'm no stranger to Fords. Throughout the years I've previously owned 4 Mustangs, 4 Ford Probe GTs, a Ranger and a Lincoln Navigator.

I really dig this SUV. Looking forward to modding it.

Attachments

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Welcome aboard. I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Just a side note , and not to be a downer, as I plan on keeping my ST for a long time, at 23K miles(I bought brand new) just had the left side catalytic converter replaced and the throttle body replaced. All seems good now. In a haste I did see if dealer wanted to buy my ST, but they low balled me compared to CarMax and Vroom. As all seems well now and we love the ST, going to look no further. Maybe see you in Ocean City sometime.

OP
2 Bolt Gang
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Welcome aboard. I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Just a side note , and not to be a downer, as I plan on keeping my ST for a long time, at 23K miles(I bought brand new) just had the left side catalytic converter replaced and the throttle body replaced. All seems good now. In a haste I did see if dealer wanted to buy my ST, but they low balled me compared to CarMax and Vroom. As all seems well now and we love the ST, going to look no further. Maybe see you in Ocean City sometime.
Noted. I got home and already found that the 3rd row electric fold down isn't working for the right side. It's headed back to the dealer tomorrow.

Upon test driving it, it became apparent how many electronics were in this vehicle that could potentially fail. I opted for an extended bumper to bumper warranty for peace of mind.

My brother's fiance has a place in OC. Bay side. Hoping to hit Summer Cruisin in the fall, at the very least.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Mine did the same thing. Dealer re-programmed it and no problem since then.

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
Hello there. Proud owner of a used 20k mile Explorer ST. This crazy market we're in was too tempting ($$$) as a Dodge owner, so I sold my 2020 Dodge Charger Scatpack to get-me-the-vin for a great profit and chose the Explorer ST as its replacement. Just got it a few hours ago.

I'm no stranger to Fords. Throughout the years I've previously owned 4 Mustangs, 4 Ford Probe GTs, a Ranger and a Lincoln Navigator.

I really dig this SUV. Looking forward to modding it.
I also sold my Dodge charger scat pack for a 2020 Ford Explorer ST. Look into a Borla exhaust for a first mod, it sounds great!

Smart move on the extended warranty, it has already paid for itself!

Attachments

way2far

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
It's been a few months, how are you liking your ST? Missing your Charger? I find myself missing it a bit these days, but maybe I'm just missing the rumble and need an exhaust!

KegsBdry

Reactions
It's been a few months, how are you liking your ST? Missing your Charger? I find myself missing it a bit these days, but maybe I'm just missing the rumble and need an exhaust!
Only thing I miss is the Exhaust sound on the Charger. But my BORLA S-Type scratches that itch for me now on the ST. It's a requirement.

I took it a little further and installed an Vent-To-Atmosphere on one of the Turbos for the ST. It sounds even more aggressive IMO.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Only thing I miss is the Exhaust sound on the Charger. But my BORLA S-Type scratches that itch for me now on the ST. It's a requirement.

I took it a little further and installed an Vent-To-Atmosphere on one of the Turbos for the ST. It sounds even more aggressive IMO.
I'd be interested to hear what that Vent-To-Atmosphere sounds like. What year is your ST?