Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

check your tire pressures

Reactions
I picked up my new ST on Sunday. Of course I sat in the garage for a while playing with the dashboard display options when I came across the tire pressure readouts.
My pressures were 45-50psi where the door panel says they should be at 33psi. There was a noticeable improvement in ride quality after letting some air out as you can imagine.

Anyway, thought i'd share. I saw on another forum that many ST owners had over inflated tires as well.

Reactions
I picked up my new ST on Sunday. Of course I sat in the garage for a while playing with the dashboard display options when I came across the tire pressure readouts.
My pressures were 45-50psi where the door panel says they should be at 33psi. There was a noticeable improvement in ride quality after letting some air out as you can imagine.

Anyway, thought i'd share. I saw on another forum that many ST owners had over inflated tires as well.
Thanks for the reminder, I tend to slightly over inflate my tires a few psi during winter. I agree it drives much better, inflated to the proper psi.

Reactions
Yep. Mine were all at 40. Brought them down to 35. Too high and they’ll wear in the center, plus ride is poor.

Reactions
Just went out and checked mine, holy cow mine was between 38psi and 47psi.

GTP

Reactions
Ford over pressures all new tires at the factory. Most dealers don't realize this and/or don't bother to adjust them. Might be something about trying to keep the tires round if cars sit too long on the lots.

Before hibernating my Stang for the winter, I inflate the tires to 45#.

Reactions
I’ve read it’s to help prevent flat spots in the tires when they sit on the lots for a while.

HGR

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer St 2022
Mines are at 37 and 38 .

will bring them down to at least 35

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Check the spare, too. Mine had 14# when I brought it home.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Check the spare, too. Mine had 14# when I brought it home.
Damn, good call on that. I haven't checked my spare since I bought my 22!

Now as far as tire pressure goes I have mines set to 35. It drops and gains from 33 to 37 depending on how hot it is outside. Ride quality is massively improved when you lower the PSI, also grips better too from a dig.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Damn, good call on that. I haven't checked my spare since I bought my 22!

Now as far as tire pressure goes I have mines set to 35. It drops and gains from 33 to 37 depending on how hot it is outside. Ride quality is massively improved when you lower the PSI, also grips better too from a dig.
At least it's a trifle easier. The Escape's spare was "upside down". Had to unbolt it to check the pressure.