Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Check Engine - Evaporative Emission System

Reactions
Got a check engine light and after checking my Ford app, it says "your vehicle has detected a concern with the evaporative emission system." After some YT searching, this seems to be a common issue for Ford. Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Got a check engine light and after checking my Ford app, it says "your vehicle has detected a concern with the evaporative emission system." After some YT searching, this seems to be a common issue for Ford. Anyone else have this issue?
I had the same issue it was the purge valve dealer changed it its a 40ish dollar part if u buy it

HAMMER

Reactions
Same thing going on with mine right now. Taking mine in soon

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Purge valve. I changed mine a week or so back and no issues since.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Mine was stalling after filling up the gas tank. Was the purge valve. Got it replaced two weeks ago. No more issues. Took forever to get the part ordered at the dealership. 6 weeks.

HAMMER

Reactions
Got mine back from the dealer today. Issue ended up being the fuel filler tube. They replaced the whole assembly from the filler cap to the gas tank

nloru225

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I'm having the same issue. My evap purge valve was replaced almost a year ago but the light kept coming on. Then it was a fuel sensor that was fixed in Sept. And now the light is back on again. Brought it in last week. They cleared it after having it for 5 days and didn't find anything. Light just came on again today. Ugh!

HAMMER

Reactions
Dealer needs to perform a static pressure leak test. That’s how they found the issue with mine.

Reactions
How difficult is it to replace the purge valve? do you have pictures to show how to replace it? Mine is doing the same thing. Alrdy have the part on hand.

RETIREDRIDE_LMW

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer
Dealer needs to perform a static pressure leak test. That’s how they found the issue with mine.
Thank you. I will be sure to ask for this specific test.

This is the third time I'm having to take my car in. I've had purge valve and fuel (something) replaced. Response I get it "there can be a long list of issues that trigger the light." That is great, what about the repeated inconvenience experienced having to take and leave my car. UGH!!!