Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ceramic Coating Sprays

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I was planning on having my ST done and had an appointment the first week of December. Was gonna cost me $750, rims included. However, they called and apparently something happened to the guy who does it so they want to push me out until the second week of March now! They offered me $50 off so I kept the appointment but called a few other places. Best price I could find was $1,200! That's $800 for the body and $100/rim! So I want to just use a quick solution for now before winter hits and go with a spray on. I did a lot of searching and came up with these 3: NEXGEN, Torque and Chemical Guys. Does anyone know of something better than any of these?

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
I decided to just go with the Chemical Guys Hydrocharge+. Seems to have a lot of good reviews so why not. I know it's not a real ceramic coating but it will at least give me some protection from the salt and sand they use on the roads in Winter. No one may care but I'll post the results just in case someone else is looking.

J368

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I decided to just go with the Chemical Guys Hydrocharge+. Seems to have a lot of good reviews so why not. I know it's not a real ceramic coating but it will at least give me some protection from the salt and sand they use on the roads in Winter. No one may care but I'll post the results just in case someone else is looking.

Def post the results. I'd like to see the before and after, and your thoughts on how much protection it offers.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looking forward to your comments. I have not been impressed with any of the sprays used alone but likely a lot better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Check out Griot's Ceramic 3 in 1 wax spray. If you do two coats, can last up to 12 months.

I've had 2 vehicles ceramic coated, I don't think I will spend the money on getting it done again. I'll stick to spray sealants for now or eventually try one that a consumer can purchase and do my own paint correction (it's been 10 years since I have done one, I would just need to invest in the tools for it).

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
I got the spray in and decided to try it out on my 07 Ranger first. First impression is pretty good! I did the front fender and door with the ceramic spay and the back door with a spray-on wax detailer. The rear fender is just washed and dried. You can see in the photos that there is a clear difference between the front fender and door and the back door and rear fender. Not much of a difference between the back door and rear fender though. The photos don't really do it justice though. The ceramic spray really give it depth and brings out the paint color. I want to do the entire front end with the ceramic spray, the back with the spray-on wax detailer and see how long it last for. I'll follow up after a few washes with the results.
IMG_5533.jpg
IMG_5534.jpg
IMG_5535.jpg

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Check out Griot's Ceramic 3 in 1 wax spray. If you do two coats, can last up to 12 months.

I've had 2 vehicles ceramic coated, I don't think I will spend the money on getting it done again. I'll stick to spray sealants for now or eventually try one that a consumer can purchase and do my own paint correction (it's been 10 years since I have done one, I would just need to invest in the tools for it).
I checked out this product and the only issue I found was, at 3:50 of the video he says to let it cure for 12 to 24 hours before exposing to the weather. Probably not a big deal though as long as you can keep it in the shade and it doesn't rain. It's certainly less expensive though!