Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Center console compartment lid removal?

tontda

Reactions
Does anyone know how to remove this lid permanently? I don't want to accidentally break this thing off (just in case I decide to put it back later down the road) attempting to remove this by trail and error.

cover.jpg

Blackssr

Reactions
I was at local car show. I guy had put two wireless charger coils on the back side. He had modified the skin on the back side. Very clean install and power is right there. After that he could lay his and another phone down on the door and fast charge

Reactions
Did you ever get your answer? Working on attaching a coil charger underneath the door. (Sort of like Blackssr) saw.

SFD295

Reactions
Take the whole console out, it's not difficult. A few bolts and trim clips. Instructions are out there and in the service manual, which I suggest investing in. You can access the door/cover from underneath the console to remove. I broke it taking it out but it wasn't necessary to remove. I just have no patience and I knew I wouldn't be needing it any further. For my install I mounted a Cencom core control head in the pocket. Power is right there for the accessory plugs. You can use forscan to modify the time out time on them to keep them powered after ignition is turned off. 20210428_170952.jpg

OP
T

tontda

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
@SFD295 , that's a cool setup. I got too lazy to take apart the center console. I opted for an overhead mount using the Havis overhead console mount for the Ford PIU's. Same bolt pattern footprint and turned out to be a really clean install. P.S. Don't mind my custom button legends on my CenCom controller LOL.

unnamed.jpg

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Take the whole console out, it's not difficult. A few bolts and trim clips. Instructions are out there and in the service manual, which I suggest investing in. You can access the door/cover from underneath the console to remove. I broke it taking it out but it wasn't necessary to remove. I just have no patience and I knew I wouldn't be needing it any further. For my install I mounted a Cencom core control head in the pocket. Power is right there for the accessory plugs. You can use forscan to modify the time out time on them to keep them powered after ignition is turned off. View attachment 14609
Nice install! Which module and what settings did you change in Forscan to modify the timeout time? Been trying to find them without any luck.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Hey guys, not trying to revive an old thread, but where did you mount your amps??
@SFD295
@tontda