Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Center console and cup holders

TBONICS

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Noticed the front cup holder was busted on one side after purchasing it last week. Bottom was only held on with little plastic rivets. Ended up using a soldering iron and fusing the pieces together. YouTube helped me remove the console, but provided no help accessing the cup holders. It comes apart front to back.

Attachments

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Noticed the front cup holder was busted on one side after purchasing it last week. Bottom was only held on with little plastic rivets. Ended up using a soldering iron and fusing the pieces together. YouTube helped me remove the console, but provided no help accessing the cup holders. It comes apart front to back.
I wish you were able to get some part numbers out of there. There's a lot of ppl (including myself) that would love to get the ambient cupholders in their new ST.

OP
T

TBONICS

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I wish you were able to get some part numbers out of there. There's a lot of ppl (including myself) that would love to get the ambient cupholders in their new ST.
Not sure but I think there are some posts on the forum about that. Not sure if they list part numbers. Just remember searching for “cup holders” or something along that line and there was a thread about that.

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Not sure but I think there are some posts on the forum about that. Not sure if they list part numbers. Just remember searching for “cup holders” or something along that line and there was a thread about that.
Nope. No part numbers that I've found. I'm just going to wing it at some point.

OP
T

TBONICS

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Well shit. Wasn’t sure. I couldn’t remember.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer 2021
Hello TBonics
I would like to foil the silver console in the middle and remove it for this, in your pictures it only looks clipped, is that right? or do I have to remove the entire middle console to remove the silver part?

OP
T

TBONICS

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Hello TBonics
I would like to foil the silver console in the middle and remove it for this, in your pictures it only looks clipped, is that right? or do I have to remove the entire middle console to remove the silver part?
You have to pull the entire console out. That's not that bad. Once you pull the console back you have to pull the silver trim from the forward cubby to the rear.

Been so busy I haven't had a chance to make a little video.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have the manual that came as a repair manual on a CD. I can check and see if it shows the console and all the part #'s for it . But I have a 2022 st.

LuxST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello TBonics
is this the section you are trying to replace? I am trying to get it off so I can get access to the buttons to clean. They are sticky from the wife not putting lids on her drinks

Attachments

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The pic you have there looks like a cover piece sold to change the appearance of the console. I certainly could be wrong but those look like stick-on pieces. You probably need to go beyond just those pieces to get to the things you want to clean. I'm thinking the console would need to come out.

Explorer ST Posts