Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CarPlay Call Issue

BillyChode

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I am having an issue when using wired CarPlay while trying to keep phone calls connected on my 2022 ST. For some odd reason, at random times, CarPlay will completely disconnect (while hardwired) as if I unplugged the phone, then the active call will move to “Privacy Mode” on the Explorer’s screen. I have tried resetting both the car and the phone. Running the latest firmware on the ST and iOS (using iPhone 15 Pro). I’ve tried to delete the phone from the car and re-add using only CarPlay and not Bluetooth. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a fix? I am not sure if this is a bug with the phone switching 5G/4G coverage (Verizon), but not sure why that would cause the CarPlay/Sync 3.4 issue?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I had a similar problem that turned out to be a failing cable. Would disconnect every once in a while.

Good luck getting it solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psyko_323

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
it was the cable for me as well. also maybe the port on the phone is dirty/damaged to the point where it will not establish a good connection.