Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Carbonized Gray, Black out build

Reactions
@ScotchFueled IMO easiest way to do it is to take one side of the front bumper off. That will allow you to get enough space behind the emblem and remove it properly. Took about 45mins for me and that was with the whole bumper off.

OP
hotelmrrsn
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Any tips on how to drill it out?
The new one comes with a template and has the stock pin locations marked on it, tape it on and drill through the marked area on the template and it’ll fall right off.

OP
hotelmrrsn
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
ST is at the dealership for goodie installation. Hoping to have it back today but at the latest will be tomorrow.

OP
hotelmrrsn
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
she's on the alignment rack now, should be picking her up later this afternoon. Stance and wheels look amazing from what I can see in this picture so far.

Attachments

OP
hotelmrrsn
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
she's needs a bath in a bad way, but the springs, wheels, tires are on and she looks sharp, super happy with how this turned out, thank you to UNBROKEN for his build and for doing so much "research" so that we didn't have to.

tempImagewrpWxU.png tempImageqCXuHP.png tempImagelbFS4y.png tempImageBtgF9t.png tempImageX5H5uc.png tempImagePsbkPk.png tempImageTFJX9j.png

Last edited:
Reactions
Looks great! I found this thread with your car as I was searching for examples of the new carbonized grey color. I was first in line getting the new ST in late 2019 when it first came out and at the time I was torn between the silver and the metallic grey. I chose the metallic grey but I wish that new carbonized grey had been an option at the time as I would have gone that way. I like that lighter grey. Mines a bit too dark, especially in lower light and shadow. That new carbonized grey is goldilocks; just right between the original silver and darker metallic grey. I would prefer more contrasting color between the body and windows/wheels. Not much to do now unless I want to loose many thousands in depreciation trading it in. I guess a very First World problem to have.

Attachments

Reactions
lol. I have the carbonized grey as well and think to myself I should have gone with the black because black looks awesome. Then I'm like white looks good too or even that infinite blue haha they all look good :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nice work! Regarding the Console Vault , I have been considering this, but how does this not block the 12V ^ USB ports and the interior console light? Thanks!