Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Canadian Built ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I suspected that the US/CA were they same part numbers, that's why I thought the dealers comments were strange... Picture of the rear hubs was taken at 10,500 miles and again the front rotors look normal... The rears have had that level of rust or worse since I bought it a year ago with 5K miles on it...

Last edited:

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
No, you're missing my point... Rotors rust I know, braking wears the rust off... My front rotors are worn to clean metal after driving, my rear rotors are always rusted, even after a hard run, never wearing down...

I find that odd...
As the other guy said your rears look newer. There are 3 wipe marks on the surface of the rotor where the pad is making clear contact. Look up how to seat brake pads and do that process. When you replace the pads getting them heated up and doing a series of stops at temp helps them be more effective. In short I don't think there is anything wrong with them however if they are squeaking or you have reduced braking power it could be an indicator they were installed wrong.