Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Camera Recall

Reactions
Reset all of them, see if it goes away or re appear shortly.
Maybe it just a glitch in the Matrix
I have.. and while they don't immediately return. Eventually they do. :/

Reactions
have not got anything in the mail but my Ford app has a big red flashing warning about the recall.

Reactions
Thankfully the work at the dealership to resolve the recall didn't take too long. A software update w/ a new module (not sure where it physically resides now) and the issue is resolved. Now, I just need my hail damage repaired. :)

Reactions
I’m slightly annoyed at my dealer about this, I had been having issues before the recall with my cameras. I actually had it in to have it looked at earlier this year and they told me it was a software update. Lo and behold it didn’t fix the problem. I’ll be curious to see if the recall actually fixes the problem.

Reactions
P
I’m slightly annoyed at my dealer about this, I had been having issues before the recall with my cameras. I actually had it in to have it looked at earlier this year and they told me it was a software update. Lo and behold it didn’t fix the problem. I’ll be curious to see if the recall actually fixes the problem.
Module needs to be replaced.

Reactions
Oh this is more encouraging. I was on another thread regarding the camera where it was said that the software update alone does not fix the issue.
I will notify the dealer just to be sure that the module also needs to be replaced.
Tks.

DougD

Reactions
I had the update to address the rear camera "Blue Screen" malfunction in reverse. It was intermittent (50%) of the time when I took it in. After I got it back it was better for two weeks or so but I'm right back to where I was. Perhaps it needs a new module to go with the software update? Apparently there is a solution coming but will it outline what we are doing now or something new. Again....Where is Ford on this??? Perhaps someone from Engineering needs to join this forum.

Jaba85

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Been having problems with my backup camera as well. Went to the dealer and they updated the software twice now and every time they give my vehicle back, a few minutes into driving and the blue screen appears again. I'm really close to fixing it myself. I've seen corrosions on the previous models, where water sips into the camera and flows down to the connector. I also checked my vin if my vehicle has any recalls and NADA.

Reactions
Been having problems with my backup camera as well. Went to the dealer and they updated the software twice now and every time they give my vehicle back, a few minutes into driving and the blue screen appears again. I'm really close to fixing it myself. I've seen corrosions on the previous models, where water sips into the camera and flows down to the connector. I also checked my vin if my vehicle has any recalls and NADA.
Camera has only one connector, looks like bnc.
I took mine off and cleaned it out, made sure it fit snug and then reset the camera module with Forscan.
Hasn't happened again.

Reactions
Just had mine taken in to the dealer for this fix. Immediately got the blue screen again same day. This is really pathetic that the dealer can't fix this, 2nd time already. Wonder if it qualifies for a lemon law return.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I took mine off and cleaned it out, made sure it fit snug and then reset the camera module with Forscan.
Hasn't happened again.
Thanks for posting this. How do you get access to the connector?

Reactions
Just had mine taken in to the dealer for this fix. Immediately got the blue screen again same day. This is really pathetic that the dealer can't fix this, 2nd time already. Wonder if it qualifies for a lemon law return.
100% on that the module needs to be replaced.

Jaba85

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Hasn't happened again.

I took mine off and cleaned it, used contact cleaner and dielectrric grease but didn't reset since I don't have the adapter. It worked for a few hours but it still pops up here and there. Not the same as before. Hopefully the adapter arrives before Thanksgiving.