Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Camera Recall

Landspeed

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST | 2017 Focus RS
Haven't seen any new posts on this but I had the recently released blue screen camera recall completed last week and so far so good.

waxian

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I discovered two things that helped me with this.
First, you can reboot the sync system by holding in the power button and forward track/search button at the same time for about 5 seconds and the entire sync system will reboot. That way you don't have to turn the car off and wait for everything to power down.
Second, I did a manual sync update with a USB drive and so far it has fixed all of the sync issues I was having, including the blue screen issue.
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

hbalek

Reactions
I discovered two things that helped me with this.
First, you can reboot the sync system by holding in the power button and forward track/search button at the same time for about 5 seconds and the entire sync system will reboot. That way you don't have to turn the car off and wait for everything to power down.
Second, I did a manual sync update with a USB drive and so far it has fixed all of the sync issues I was having, including the blue screen issue.
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/
I have my camera replaced almost 2 years ago and that took care of the blue screen that won't go away until restart. Now if I do get a blue screen it goes away on its own after a second. So having the camera replaced under warranty was a big improvement. I rarely get the blue screen and it's very brief when I do.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD ST
THE HARNESS IS NOW AVAILABLE

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Was lucky and never had the blue screen issue on my 2022, that is, until they replaced it under warranty during my last service appointment a week ago. Then it started cropping up frequently within three hours of getting the vehicle back. Did the reboot of the sync system and it helped but still had the issue albeit less frequently. So took it back to the dealer and while they couldn’t replicate the issue, they did find “a number of diagnostic codes had been logged along with at least four modules that were in need of updates.” Unfortunately the service tech didn’t note the specifics of what the codes were or which modules needed updating but it has appeared to fix the issue at least for now. I’m assuming that at least some of them were related to the backup camera but that’s a WAG on my part. So if you‘ve had the recall update done and are still getting an occasional blue screen, you may need to schedule a follow up appointment to get everything sorted out.

Andrew_A

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST carbonized gray
Didn't help this died after just purchased mine. It's completely dead