Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

C&D Tests New 2023 Z06 ... WOW

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Reactions
I love that car! As far as "bang for the buck goes" you just can't beat it. The Z06 is purpose built for the race track and the 5.5L flat plane V8 loves to rev at high RPM. This car was not intended to be driven in weekend parades by 80yr old retirees wearing white New Balance shoes.

Reactions
I love that car! As far as "bang for the buck goes" you just can't beat it. The Z06 is purpose built for the race track and the 5.5L flat plane V8 loves to rev at high RPM. This car was not intended to be driven in weekend parades by 80yr old retirees wearing white New Balance shoes.
But that'll be exactly who gets them!! And during the week they'll be the ones doing the speed limit in the fast lane.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Easy on us old guys.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
... The Z06 is purpose built for the race track and the 5.5L flat plane V8 loves to rev at high RPM. This car was not intended to be driven in weekend parades by 80yr old retirees wearing white New Balance shoes.
But only 80 year old retirees can afford it. Looks like we'll be seeing most of them in parades then ...

Easy on us old guys.
Tell everyone here what we already know, that you're still wearing spit shined Army Boots and not New Balance shoes!

Reactions
Easy on us old guys.
Hahahah, I know! Yeah, that is the stereotype driver of the base Corvettes. White New Balance shoes and LOVES to drive it in the town parade.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hahahah, I know! Yeah, that is the stereotype driver of the base Corvettes. White New Balance shoes and LOVES to drive it in the town parade.
Not all of us fit that profile. Alot of us "Old Guys" have a need for speed and power.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Reminds me of the chest burst scene from Alien ...

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
What's funny is the Z06 is cheaper then the Escalade V
I wont lie if they ever sell the Escalade without silly mark ups I will prob want one.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
What's funny is the Z06 is cheaper then the Escalade V
I wont lie if they ever sell the Escalade without silly mark ups I will prob want one.
For the price of an Escalade-V, I'd be in a GLS63 in a heartbeat.

This Z06 is definitely awesome. Probably the last, great, new N/A V8 right here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
For the price of an Escalade-V, I'd be in a GLS63 in a heartbeat.

This Z06 is definitely awesome. Probably the last, great, new N/A V8 right here.
Actually your have a good point but I’d look at the RSQ8 or what ever letter the Audi has for its suv.
At half the price our ST are a great deal comparing. I’m just a sucker for a full sized SUV.
i sold my TrackHawk just cuz it was so small the insane fun was cool but everyday it’s just to small my shoulder hits the pillar and it’s so uncomfortable it had to go the Escalade would be perfect for me

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Explorer interior is just plain bigger ...

Untitled.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Explorer interior is just plain bigger ...

View attachment 14667
I assume this was for me and Yes 100% agree and the reason I do not have track hawk anymore. The front row shoulder room was the winner for me 2.5" made a huge difference in my comfort.
I will look at the new V Escalade when things get closer to normal. No way will I pay over sticker for anything.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
I assume this was for me and Yes 100% agree and the reason I do not have track hawk anymore. The front row shoulder room was the winner for me 2.5" made a huge difference in my comfort.
I will look at the new V Escalade when things get closer to normal. No way will I pay over sticker for anything.
I don't see any other posts after yours so yes, I was responding to you.

I always thought the Grand Cherokee looked taller/narrower, so I checked and found out that was in fact the case. The lower/wider look of the ST rocks.(y)

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I don't see any other posts after yours so yes, I was responding to you.

I always thought the Grand Cherokee looked taller/narrower, so I checked and found out that was in fact the case. The lower/wider look of the ST rocks.(y)
I had no clue and assumed they were the same size. I sat in the ST and said damn is this a full size. the comparison you posted is very interesting. the 2.5" wider I would of guessed more. Obviously Ford had some serious Covid BS issues but IMO they did a great job on this. Specially at 60K I cant think of anything that checks all the boxes for the same cost.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #17
... at 60K I cant think of anything that checks all the boxes for the same cost.
Me neither Rock! Me neither.(y)

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #18
I just saw this, seems the '23 Z06 is gapping the competition. Got to give Chevy credit on this one ...

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
LMAO that Lambo driver was hitting the limiter in most of the races. Wouldnt have changed anything just funny. The Ferrari was the slowest but damn does it not look and sound amazing. I would take that over any of those cars. I wouldnt doubt the Z06 beats them both on the Ring either. Chevy build a beast for a super fair price IMO.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #20
LMAO that Lambo driver was hitting the limiter in most of the races. Wouldnt have changed anything just funny. The Ferrari was the slowest but damn does it not look and sound amazing. I would take that over any of those cars. I wouldnt doubt the Z06 beats them both on the Ring either. Chevy build a beast for a super fair price IMO.
Yeah, I notice the rev limiter thing too!