Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Brand new here!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, 2022 Ranger XLT
Hello all,

The wife and I have a red 2020 Explorer ST with the technology package and sun roof (mainly the wife's). I also have a 2016 Escape SE with a 2022 Ranger XLT coming any day now. We both love the ST, despite the electrical issues we've been having with the seating presets, ambient lighting, and cameras. Our sales manager is actually trying to buy it back and put us in the exact same 2022 ST with the addition of the performance package. We've bought A LOT of cars from him over the last 10 years and he's desperate for low-mileage, used vehicles right now, so he's trying to make the numbers work.

As far as the ST goes, it's a great alternative to the Mustang for those who need the capacity and capability. I only wish it came with a manual transmission, but sadly, very few vehicles do these days. I'd have to say the best part of owning one of these are the knowing looks you get from the police...they know you're faster than them any day of the week! I've talked to a few when stopped at a convenience store or what not. The price keeps most of the "kids" from being "stupid" with one, so I like to think I'm fostering good relations between the enthusiast crowd and law enforcement. I had planned to show it, but unfortunately, we bought it during COVID and car shows have been few and far between. Hopefully, this summer brings a few opportunities!

Edit: We added the Ranger XLT to the stable today (02-21-2022)! It was a sad goodbye for the Escape which served so well over the last 65000 miles with nothing more than brakes, tires, wipers, coolant, and regular oil changes.

Last edited:

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST