Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Borla Atak

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
It has been a little bit since the exhaust was installed. I noticed a noise while going over bumps or railroad tracks. The tips appeared to sit at an angle and you could shake the exhaust. I brought it back in yesterday and the shop realigned the exhaust and tightened the clamps up. They claimed the clamps loosened and caused the exhaust to settle low. When I got it back home I learned my lesson and checked the torque on the clamps. Shouldn't be a problem going forward. The exhaust still sounds awesome. My wife took a ride in it for the first time with the exhaust and she smiled and said "Wicked Sound, I see why you like it now".

Reactions
It has been a little bit since the exhaust was installed. I noticed a noise while going over bumps or railroad tracks. The tips appeared to sit at an angle and you could shake the exhaust. I brought it back in yesterday and the shop realigned the exhaust and tightened the clamps up. They claimed the clamps loosened and caused the exhaust to settle low. When I got it back home I learned my lesson and checked the torque on the clamps. Shouldn't be a problem going forward. The exhaust still sounds awesome. My wife took a ride in it for the first time with the exhaust and she smiled and said "Wicked Sound, I see why you like it now".
Yeah I've had the Borla Atak for a while now and it sounds good.
Cooler days it can get loud on the cold start and WOT.