Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Body shop put 23 miles on my car.

Reactions
So my truck has been in a body shop since May 23. Getting the front splitter installed, rear sway bar install ceramic coating and PPF film on the hood. The car was supposed to be ready on Jun 6, now the date is Jun 10. My issue is, that I dropped off the car at 437 miles on the odometer and now the FordPass app is showing 460 miles. What should I do, besides calling them tomorrow morning and cussing them out?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So my truck has been in a body shop since May 23. Getting the front splitter installed, rear sway bar install ceramic coating and PPF film on the hood. The car was supposed to be ready on Jun 6, now the date is Jun 10. My issue is, that I dropped off the car at 437 miles on the odometer and now the FordPass app is showing 460 miles. What should I do, besides calling them tomorrow morning and cussing them out?
There could be a number of reasons for this. It's not a lot of miles. If it was me I might call and ask why but not be ready to chew them out.

OP
CLAYMAN
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Oh trust me, I'm going to ask why 23 miles were put on the truck before chewing them out. To add to the story, I asked my guy why the delay. This was before I looked at the mileage. He told meon e of his techs was involved in a car accident. I'm hoping it wasn't my ST he was driving..

OP
CLAYMAN
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Is it possible that the Ford App is giving me the wrong mileage?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Is it possible that the Ford App is giving me the wrong mileage?
I'm sure it is. But how can you tell? Just noticed you said it is June 10th. It's still June 7th here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I mean they did work on your vehicle, 20 miles while a tad annoying is not worth throwing a fit over. Probably started with obviously making sure things are good to go after the work was done and yeah took an extended drive. I've had dealers do that. Yes annoying but not worth it.

OP
CLAYMAN
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I'm sure it is. But how can you tell? Just noticed you said it is June 10th. It's still June 7th here.
Meaning the truck will be ready on the 10th..

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Don't make things tough on the people preparing your food or fixing your stuff until they're finished.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Never complain about your food in a restaurant. I worked in a kitchen of a high end steak and seafood joint when I was young. You DO NOT want to see what happens to your food when you send it back....in some joints.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Never complain about your food in a restaurant. I worked in a kitchen of a high end steak and seafood joint when I was young. You DO NOT want to see what happens to your food when you send it back....in some joints.
This.

Still, stuff like that makes me want to put a dash cam in plain view (could be a fake dash cam too).

I'm sure that would quickly deter most people from joyrides.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
To me, that is a lot of miles. They were obviously running errands with it. But like others, definitely don't make a stink about it until you get your car back. If not happy with their explanation afterwards, just do a review of the place and mention the miles put on. It's not so many miles that I would do more than that.

Last edited:
OP
CLAYMAN
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Update, thanks for everyone's feedback. I just got off the phone with the body shop. They drove the car 11 miles each way to get the PPF put on. So
everything is kosher. Thank goodness..

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Update, thanks for everyone's feedback. I just got off the phone with the body shop. They drove the car 11 miles each way to get the PPF put on. So
Good to know, thanks for the update.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
Or a great cover, but likely to be true