Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bluetooth audio issues

Brett636

Reactions
So my wife’s ST seems to be having audio problems while on a phone call. When I talk to her I get a feedback of my own voice that comes and goes throughout the conversation. Also just today we kept hearing a random squeaking noise that would come in on the call that almost sounded like a brake squeal, but it seemed to originate from her stereo. None of this happens when she is driving my car (2014 BMW). Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

KegsBdry

Reactions
So my wife’s ST seems to be having audio problems while on a phone call. When I talk to her I get a feedback of my own voice that comes and goes throughout the conversation. Also just today we kept hearing a random squeaking noise that would come in on the call that almost sounded like a brake squeal, but it seemed to originate from her stereo. None of this happens when she is driving my car (2014 BMW). Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?
Yes actually. Just today I had 3 Bluetooth phone calls in the ST. All sounded terrible or crackly. After fighting Bluetooth restarting settings while driving (almost killing myself in the process), I knew it had to be on my side. I deleted my Bluetooth phone from the settings and readded it to fix the issue. It worked better after that.